? servers

? players online

Surf Checkpoints are broken?

• Content Count:  536

On multiple linear maps, ie, mesa and utopia, even if you finish the map, it says you have to go through all the checkpoints. I can't really elaborate more as this is all the problem is. Im guessing that someone manually put down the blue squares that act as checkpoints and they sometimes aren't hit if you manage to go around them.

Here's a video of me completing surf MESA but my run not counting because for some reason I missed a checkpoint.

• Content Count:  1381

Since the map has multiple ways to do it since there are symmetric surf ramps meaning you can go left or right, the checkpoint box is only placed on one of the sides. This same problem exists on surf_utopia, idk if I mentioned the problem on that map.

• Content Count:  586

This bug on mesa and utopia has been reported multiple times in the past. We never found a way to fix the problem. You can still complete the maps. On mesa the checkpoint is off one of the 2 ramps, forget which one but you should be able to finish it no problem if you pick the right ramp. Im pretty sure the bug on Utopia is different, we're you need to hit the same checkpoint on both sides of the map, if my memory serves me right. I will test it when I have time. Forgot the reason why we never removed the maps until we fixed the problem @Gator.

• Content Count:  2983

This bug on mesa and utopia has been reported multiple times in the past. We never found a way to fix the problem. You can still complete the maps. On mesa the checkpoint is off one of the 2 ramps, forget which one but you should be able to finish it no problem if you pick the right ramp. Im pretty sure the bug on Utopia is different, we're you need to hit the same checkpoint on both sides of the map, if my memory serves me right. I will test it when I have time. Forgot the reason why we never removed the maps until we fixed the problem @Gator.

Pretty sure the problem with Utopia is the fact that when you get to the fork, the left turn has two checkpoints that overlap each other, but the right side only has one, limiting you to go to only one side without missing a CP.

928389f733.jpg

dd83ce4608.jpg

It probably just needs a rezoning so people don't screw up a run and can go either way.

Edited by nick

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.