? servers

? players online

People on ct side should have mics?

• Content Count:  1920

This is one of the issues that I can't come up with a half decent solution for, so I'd love to see if anyone creative has anything in mind.

Something i’ve actually thinking about recently, though a minute change that wouldn’t have too much of an impact on most CTs would be implementing a rule that !fo orders must be done on mic. This allows players without mics to still play CT, but just lack the ability to give first order, which sometimes isn’t even used. I feel like this would be great for testing the waters with this concept and see how the server goers take this change. CTs without a mic can still give orders and function as a normal CT, but just can’t give first order. As someone who is a proponent of allowing CTs without microphones I think this is still fair, as !fo is meant to grab the Ts attention and set a tone for the round. This may sound a bit far fetched but rounds where !fo is a chat order tend to turn out more boring or end in about 40 seconds flat.

TLDR- No !fo chat orders would be a seemingly fair testing ground for finding a balance for those who want CTs to have a mic and those who don’t care if CTs have mics.

Please share your thoughts on this as I think it could genuinely have a shot of going smoothly if implemented. Also excuse any weird typos, typed this on my phone and will fix when I wake up.

• Content Count:  1009

TLDR- No !fo chat orders would be a seemingly fair testing ground for finding a balance for those who want CTs to have a mic and those who don’t care if CTs have mics

This would only solve people using it on !fo, people who give orders through chat give it throughout the time they’re playing.

Edited by Poke

• Content Count:  64

I still think that a !o command would be the best.

Maybe a ct types

!o

and the next thing they type pops up on the bottom of your screen similar to a notification. I believe that would remove ALL confusion.

• Content Count:  820

As annoying as it may be, having a mic should definitely not be required to play on CT. It's hardly even a problem at all as most chat orders are just ignored and mic orders are followed instead. Throughout all my time on JB, I've only witnessed chat order problems 3 or 4 times.

Like @Error said, even if a CT is only giving chat orders, they usually understand that T's won't see it a few times, and so they re type it a few times.

It's a completely different story when a CT decides to make one order in chat and enforce it even though none of the T's saw it. This is the chat order problem I mentioned earlier I'd seen about 3 or 4 times. This can cause confusion and can lead to a bunch of freekills.

TLDR; chat orders are fine as long as CTs make sure T's can see the order. It allows our server to include people who don't have mics on CT...

• Content Count:  1009

I’m sure most people can agree, you shouldn’t need a mic to play CT. However, I feel like giving orders should require. As long as you can understand what is going on around you as a CT, no one should really have a problem with you. As well as it would be really difficult for admins to enforce the rule of CTs need mics.

Reply to Thread