? servers

? players online

Regulars+ Nominating Admin of The Month

• Content Count:  3294

Thinking about the admin of the month, which is going to be coming around shortly, I wanted to have a way to throw some +1's towards that admin I feel deserves it.

I thought of a system that would send votes to the IA+'s that decide on the admin of the month. Players could submit the name of the admin, and reasons why they should receive it. The only person to receive the "votes" would be the group of IA+'s who decide who get the rank/reward. This would be a private sub-section, where only certain individuals have access to view other nominations. Normal forum rules would apply, the and style of writing would be similar to an admin complaint (Longer than 4-5 sentences and hopefully mature). Abuse/Shitposting would be taken action on as any other post.

The only people who could send in a nomination are Regulars and Honorable Gamers. I say this because if you're genuinely invested in the community, 50 posts isn't hard. Anyone above LG/A technically has a chance of receiving it, so they shouldn't be able to nominate someone.

I would place this in the Community Section and either above or below the Admin Applications sub-forum.

Edit: Just to add ( @Dominic ), the IA+'s would simply view these and take them with a grain of salt. All this should do is give them some more options or things to think about.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  5674

Anyone who is in our staff ranks can nominate people for staff of the month.

Honestly chances are you guys would just all end up nominating the same person that the IA+ already had their eyes on. Our staff members can nominate people but for the most part the IA+ members are involved with the community enough to know who should be in the running to get it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

I imagine nominations may be limited to staff because they are more likely to see work that is being done behind the scenes, compared to regulars, who will only see what is being done on the forums and especially the servers. This would most likely being a more even coverage of nominations, but would also result in people just nominating the most active/their favorite staff. I don't think this is really what they're looking for.

• Like 1

Anyone who is in our staff ranks can nominate people for staff of the month.

Honestly chances are you guys would just all end up nominating the same person that the IA+ already had their eyes on. Our staff members can nominate people but for the most part the IA+ members are involved with the community enough to know who should be in the running to get it.

Something I forgot to add (Which ill edit it): The reason I feel like Regulars should have a chance is that we have our own and different interactions with an admin. Sometimes an admin will just do something extraordinarily special, but it wouldn't get noticed due to it just being an interaction between the two. I'm aware we could probably already PM an IA, and that most IA's know what's going on with the "Good" admins. However, I think a section where we can more easily express our specific distinct interactions would throw some (extra) added meaning.

I imagine nominations may be limited to staff because they are more likely to see work that is being done behind the scenes, compared to regulars, who will only see what is being done on the forums and especially the servers. This would most likely being a more even coverage of nominations, but would also result in people just nominating the most active/their favorite staff. I don't think this is really what they're looking for.

Well, these nominations would be taken seriously with proper reasoning behind it. I feel it would be easy to fish out a friend writing some BS for their admin friend.

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  113

I appreciate this idea, but I still have some mixed feelings about it. I feel like regular players are kind of distanced from staff of the month, as those who receive it seem to get the award partially/largely based off of work they do that normal players don't get to see. For example, the justification for the most recent recipient of staff of the month, roux, included (1) his work mobilizing the media team, (2) "providing input in higher up discussions", and (3) handling player complaints.

Two of these reasons are things a regular player might never get the chance to see. However, is that really a bad thing? Should admin of the month be more geared to how the recipient interacts with and supports the players in the community, or should it be about how the recipient benefits the community as a whole (something other staff are much more qualified to judge than regular players)? If the answer is the first, then I support the implementation of this idea. If the answer is closer to the second, then I personally believe the system should stay as is.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  169

honestly I disagree, I don't feel as if any of the IA's play enough to get an accurate description.(in response to dominic) Do they actually have playtime with all the admins? If not I think ZZL is right. However I do think there should be another requirement other than just regular, a certain amount of hours played in a month to be able to nominate, and you are only able to nominate one. Maybe also a 100 post requirement. So it wouldn't be too tough to determine, there would probably be 5-10 nominations a month.

I appreciate this idea, but I still have some mixed feelings about it. I feel like regular players are kind of distanced from staff of the month, as those who receive it seem to get the award partially/largely based off of work they do that normal players don't get to see. For example, the justification for the most recent recipient of staff of the month, roux, included (1) his work mobilizing the media team, (2) "providing input in higher up discussions", and (3) handling player complaints.

Two of these reasons are things a regular player might never get the chance to see. However, is that really a bad thing? Should admin of the month be more geared to how the recipient interacts with and supports the players in the community, or should it be about how the recipient benefits the community as a whole (something other staff are much more qualified to judge than regular players)? If the answer is the first, then I support the implementation of this idea. If the answer is closer to the second, then I personally believe the system should stay as is.

We can't have both? We should make admin of the month recognize not only the people working on our servers and helping out behind the scenes, but also the admins who sufficiently go above and beyond to make each individual's experience special. It is not to say admin of the month doesn't already do that, but this would just put some more flavor into the pot.

honestly I disagree, I don't feel as if any of the IA's play enough to get an accurate description.(in response to dominic) Do they actually have playtime with all the admins? If not I think ZZL is right. However I do think there should be another requirement other than just regular, a certain amount of hours played in a month to be able to nominate, and you are only able to nominate one. Maybe also a 100 post requirement. So it wouldn't be too tough to determine, there would probably be 5-10 nominations a month.

I disagree. I can tell you while you may not see IA's online, they play enough to be able to do their jobs (and good at that). If someone just got regular and made a half-assed nomination we would see it:

Well, these nominations would be taken seriously with proper reasoning behind it. I feel it would be easy to fish out a friend writing some BS for their admin friend.
Edited by TheZZL

Reply to Thread