? servers

? players online

(JB) Gang Wars

• Content Count:  1920

Hello all, today I come to you an idea that I think could revive the hype into the gang plugin on jailbreak. I think if we did a "gang war" over a two-week period in August, it would bring competition and even more population to JB. It would require a reset of the score of the gangs or a tracker that starts on the date of the event.

How this would work:

- People would form their gangs in-game in jailbreak ASAP in preparation.

- All gangs entering would be required to have their gang formed by the start date of the event, and have one of their members post their gang name and members to the thread dealing with the event.

- The top three gangs and the top player overall would get rewards based on place

- As far as rewards go, it could be things like a forum award and/or credits/item from the store

- Same goes for the top player, maybe a free month of sub for the top player only, if the higher-ups were willing?

- If any player or team were caught exploiting or cheating the system, they and/or their team would be disqualified from the event.

Please leave further suggestions and feedback, thanks!

• Like 1

My only fear is getting 4-20 ratios. No one would want to play CT anymore, and then there wouldn't be a server to play on.

Over the last week, I've been seeing heavy T-sided ratios. This wouldn't really change anything.

Last few maps I was on there were ratios like 5-15, 6-20, 3-13

• Content Count:  3294

Over the last week, I've been seeing heavy T-sided ratios. This wouldn't really change anything.

Last few maps I was on there were ratios like 5-15, 6-20, 3-13

It would change something, a higher incentive to play T side other than fun. If it's a contest a prize would be involved.

It would change something, a higher incentive to play T side other than fun. If it's a contest a prize would be involved.

They could also add a plugin for the event only that wouldn't allow the ratio to go too far to T's side, much like they have for CTs now. If they needed, I could probably code it myself.

Edited by Phoenix_

• Content Count:  5674

Making a plugin to not allow the ratio to get too T sided wouldn't make any sense. If the ratio is bad and someone joins the server who has never played before, are they forced onto CT because there's too many Ts? I am completely against forcing people onto CT in any case.

If the ratio has been getting too T sided lately (I can attest to the fact that it has) then doing something like this right now wouldn't be a good idea, because it would only potentially further the problem. I've wanted to do a monthly gangs contest since we started planning the plugin though, it was always my intention. However, it'd undoubtedly be better to wait for the CT ranks plugin or other additions that would remedy that problem.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1799

I didn't really take that into account. Would it make it any better if it auto balanced people with an hour+ on CT to CT or if people were able to select a setting saying they would be good with being auto balanced to CT if the ratio were worse than 1:3?

Sounds like a pretty useless function. If they wish to play when the ratio is heavily t-favored then they would just switch by themselves. I can't see how a plugin like that would be used or even useful to the server.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1987

A way I’d find to try and counter the overwhelming ratio for an event like this is to implement a “Squad” for CTs. It’ll be the same concept as the “Gangs” but points awarded will be made differently/lower. “CTs will start mass freekilling for points” then if possible to make a way that if a CT gets slayed they’ll lose all their points earned that round but if they get banned they lose all points earned that day.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3294

A way I’d find to try and counter the overwhelming ratio for an event like this is to implement a “Squad” for CTs. It’ll be the same concept as the “Gangs” but points awarded will be made differently/lower. “CTs will start mass freekilling for points” then if possible to make a way that if a CT gets slayed they’ll lose all their points earned that round but if they get banned they lose all points earned that day.

Welp we got CT-Ranks now. So it wouldn't be too bad. We should definitely have an event like CT wars or whatever the CT version of this would be. Add a new rank system for the event?

Reply to Thread