? servers

? players online

New Graphics Card Suggestions

• Content Count:  113

Honestly if you can afford the extra 50-70 dollars get a 2060 super from one of the big names producing RTX cards rn (EVGA, MSI, ASUS). The stock 20 series from Nvidia have shit speeds and cooling compared to one from any of those companies. @Tyymunk

Speaks the truth, but don't pay more than $500 for an aftermarket 2060S

• Like 1

• Content Count:  8

There are a lot of options available for both routes:

1) If you're more into Nvidia cards, then I would definitely suggest the RTX 2070

2) If you're into AMD/Radeon cards, then I'd say wait like a week or two before the flagship cards drop get the rx5700

• Content Count:  1051

No point in going with the 2070, it is overpriced and gives the same amount of power as the 2060. If you are playing very demanding games all the time then go with the 2060 Super, you still get the 8gb of vram with a cheaper price (8gb is way more then you should need even in vr).

I would only recommend the rx5700 if you are never ever going to use adobe. It does not support raytracing, but is a way better option if you don't need it.

Also I know other people told you cooling is an issue between cards, don't listen to them, it is not that big of a deal. Unless you are going for benchmarks (and I doubt it if you are questioning your graphics card) cooling will never be an issue if you have 3 or more case fans. All the 2060s, 70s, ext. run around the same stats, you shouldn't have much or a difference if any between card brands.

• Content Count:  820

Update: I’ve pretty much decided I’m gonna go with the rx 5700 xt. Ray Tracing is cool but it’s not at the point where it’s a game changer. The raw performance of a rx 5700 xt rivals a 2070 super for the same price as a 2060 super. Now I have to play the waiting game as custom cards have only just started to come out, and are selling out fast...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

• Content Count:  1051

Update: I’ve pretty much decided I’m gonna go with the rx 5700 xt. Ray Tracing is cool but it’s not at the point where it’s a game changer. The raw performance of a rx 5700 xt rivals a 2070 super for the same price as a 2060 super. Now I have to play the waiting game as custom cards have only just started to come out, and are selling out fast...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

It won't make that much of a cooling difference, as long as you are not doing benchmarks, the blower style card is perfectly fine. If you want to wait you can, but unless you have a million exhaust fans it wont really make a difference (btw they benchmark founders edition blower cards when they come out so you shouldn't even have issues there.)

Reply to Thread