? servers

? players online

New Graphics Card Suggestions

• Content Count:  820

I've decided to retire my GTX 1060 as I got the version with only 3 GB VRAM and I'm not incredibly happy with it anymore. I'm looking for an upgrade and something around $400. I prefer NVIDIA because I like GeForce Experience and the ability to record and such with that program, but I am also open to trying AMD...

Any suggestions/information would be much appreciated. Thank you!

• Content Count:  1583

You picked the best time to pick up a new GPU. You've got good options in the flagship market on either side, either picking up a RTX 2070 Super, RX 5700 or RX 5700 XT. Radeon cards still allow you to record using Radeon ReLive in a much similar manner.

If you decide to go the AMD route, aftermarket cards will be dropping in about 2 weeks, as only reference cards are available right now. I can hook you up with better Voltages and Clocks, as the stock cards seem to be way overvolted.

• Like 2

You picked the best time to pick up a new GPU. You've got good options in the flagship market on either side, either picking up a RTX 2070 Super, RX 5700 or RX 5700 XT. Radeon cards still allow you to record using Radeon ReLive in a much similar manner.

If you decide to go the AMD route, aftermarket cards will be dropping in about 2 weeks, as only reference cards are available right now. I can hook you up with better Voltages and Clocks, as the stock cards seem to be way overvolted.

When you say aftermarket and reference cards are you referring to the AMD 5700 and 5700 xt?

• Content Count:  1583

Yessir. Reference cards are better binned (coming straight from AMD) but rely on a blower style cooler, pulling in air from your case, through the cards internal radiator, and shooting it right out the back of the card. Aftermarket cards will have different cooling solutions that may offer better overclocking performance or cooler ambient temps if you're interested.

• Like 1

Yessir. Reference cards are better binned (coming straight from AMD) but rely on a blower style cooler, pulling in air from your case, through the cards internal radiator, and shooting it right out the back of the card. Aftermarket cards will have different cooling solutions that may offer better overclocking performance or cooler ambient temps if you're interested.

Yeah one of the major complaints with the 5700 and 5700 xt were the noise/temps. I guess I'll wait til those new aftermarket cards come out. Thanks!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  19

I currently have a AMD Radeon 580 Mk2, so I would suggest that for any game as it runs everything in medium to high. This is if you're going the AMD way however.

• Content Count:  113

With the $400 price range, I'd say a RTX 2060 Super would be pretty great. On Nvidia's website, they're $400, but the cards are definitely overpriced on sites like Amazon.

• Content Count:  3150

Honestly if you can afford the extra 50-70 dollars get a 2060 super from one of the big names producing RTX cards rn (EVGA, MSI, ASUS). The stock 20 series from Nvidia have shit speeds and cooling compared to one from any of those companies. @Tyymunk

• Like 1

Reply to Thread