• Content Count:  908

Map Suggestion

Full map name

jb_clouds_final5

Type of map

Jailbreak

Link to map download

Additional Information

It was a popular map in the past, and It should be added back, it was an objectively good map with death games and secrets. The main problem in the past was the cts giving the same order over and over, but with this new batch of cts it could change.

Screenshots attached

Yes

• Like 9

• Content Count:  1920

I'd like to see this map added back. It would either make or break the server population-wise while it was here. With a newer bunch from the summer, I think it's worth giving this map a second shot in the rotation as it was a popular map. There are plenty of minigames and death games to choose from, and with some good orders from CTs, this could be a really good addition to the map pool to add a little more variety.

The major issue I remember from this map was the CTs giving the same orders every round over and over. This isn't a problem on the most common maps as they are more compact and there's less to do. With clouds, CTs should broaden their repertoire of orders and really use the map's full potential. Adding the map back really won't do any harm as if the map tanks and is generally disliked, it can be removed as if it were never even back.

All I'm saying is that we should open our minds to the map and give it another chance on the server. I can understand why some people wouldn't want it back though.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

I'd like to see this map added back. It would either make or break the server population-wise while it was here. With a newer bunch from the summer, I think it's worth giving this map a second shot in the rotation as it was a popular map. There are plenty of minigames and death games to choose from, and with some good orders from CTs, this could be a really good addition to the map pool to add a little more variety.

The major issue I remember from this map was the CTs giving the same orders every round over and over. This isn't a problem on the most common maps as they are more compact and there's less to do. With clouds, CTs should broaden their repertoire of orders and really use the map's full potential. Adding the map back really won't do any harm as if the map tanks and is generally disliked, it can be removed as if it were never even back.

All I'm saying is that we should open our minds to the map and give it another chance on the server. I can understand why some people wouldn't want it back though.

Variety in our map pools don't matter when the same maps are picked over and over. The main problem with this map was that it was a late-night killer, and would just get rtv'd mid day. People didn't like that map. On top of that, you can't just say CT's should change their order styles. They don't. CT's will continue to give shitty orders, and it's extremely hard to 1 man enforce against a team of 20 t's. You can look at this thread for more information for why it was removed.

Edited by TheZZL

Variety in our map pools don't matter when the same maps are picked over and over. The main problem with this map was that it was a late-night killer, and would just get rtv'd mid day. People didn't like that map. On top of that, you can't just say CT's should change their order styles. They don't. CT's will continue to give shitty orders, and it's extremely hard to 1 man enforce against a team of 20 t's. You can look at this thread for more information for why it was removed.

Who says CTs can't change their ways? Why don't the people on the forums who want better CTs be the better CTs that provide an example for others to follow and give better orders? There's nothing stopping you, in a theoretical situation where this map was added back, from giving orders that utilize the entire map.

Part of my point was that with the new people on the server, there's a chance that these people would really enjoy something fresh on the server compared to the same six maps over and over. I did read the old thread and that's where I got my reasoning of why the map was removed. The point of this map would be to add variety where it's desperately needed.

• Content Count:  272

The problem I had was this map was no matter how many good CTs you had there would always be that one that would camp first island and once all the CTs died they would say freeday no first island and camp either the secret block in main cell or in armory. If there were a way to stop people from camping then I would be perfectly fine with having the map added back otherwise no. Maybe if they continuously camp that spot and you have proof of you telling them to stop and them continuing to do it issuing a ban. I know people have been (maybe?) banned (if not warned until they were about to be banned) for repeatedly camping areas and delaying rounds before.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  2206

If you get rid of first island somehow I'd be okay with adding this back. It's the fact that first island exists and this map will always devolve into camping there or making ng the Ts sit on first island the whole round. Maybe @Darnias will have an idea to make this map more playable in the long run

• Like 4

Only way I see this map fixed is conneting the islands

Do you think you'd be able to try and do that somehow? I am no mapper so I'm unsure of the best way to go about this, but I think that would provide a good balance to the map and open many people's minds to it.

• Content Count:  2206

I decompiled the map and a lot of it is custom textures and models and without those source files a lot of the stuff would have to be retextured/removed. It would take my awhile but I could proba ly accomplish it but if Darnias knows a better way to do it he'd be the guy for it.

Edited by Fuze