? servers

? players online

Anonymous Player Report

• Content Count:  3294

Something I'm concerned about is accountability. Having player complaints open provide a transparent way for those accused for breaking the rules to see the evidence against them, and use this evidence in their appeal if necessary.

What I'm assuming this would be is just the players' name who submitted the complaint would be kept hidden to anyone under CA or A. It's not like the general public needs to know who submitted a player complaint for other than, "Oh He SuBmIts player complaints etc. etc. SUPPORT".

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1987

Having player complaints open provide a transparent way for those accused for breaking the rules to see the evidence against them, and use this evidence in their appeal if necessary.

Whomever looks over the report can just include the links of the evidence in the ban like how the player complaint link is included. I honestly don’t care which way this thread goes because i think it’s fine as it is but the little feature would seem to be nice for some shy players.

On the other hand I don’t see this really going threw because if you have strong and enough evidence worthy of a ban you shouldn’t need to worry about being harassed IG. If they come on an alt that’s a perm (while banned) and if they try to bring it to the forums like what happened earlier this week then they’ll get a forum banned. If the ban isn’t that long and they comeback to harass you for it just record and submit another complaint.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2342

What I'm assuming this would be is just the players' name who submitted the complaint would be kept hidden to anyone under CA or A. It's not like the general public needs to know who submitted a player complaint for other than, "Oh He SuBmIts player complaints etc. etc. SUPPORT".

Is the only reason just to prevent harassment? Harassment should always be reported to IA+, regardless of whether or not complaints are anonymized. IMHO they should be kept public, partially because it is useful for regulars to see which other regulars are actively contributing to the player complaints section as it can be a big factor in showing admin material or dedication to want to become admin. However, by far the biggest reason for me to keep them transparent is to hold players accountable. If you want to make a complaint about someone, you should have enough evidence that shows the player actually did something wrong, as opposed to filing a complaint with little to no evidence and having no risk of your reputation being tarnished while you've accused someone else of breaking the rules. This last statement might be a little controversial, but it's just a thought.

• Like 1
Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  64

I'm gonna go with @fantastic, I think you should have a fair chance to defend yourself, not knowing the player makes it harder to remember the interaction. If you really need you can message a higher up and have it correctly addressed. I can see this being a problem and am not denying that, but I feel that there's already ways to take care of harassment caused by player complaints, that's just my 2 cents.

Just checked, "Harassment" is a category under call admin, I assume if you do that either a undercover admin will come on or someone will PM you about the issue.

Edited by tommie

• Content Count:  1920

Something I'm concerned about is accountability. Having player complaints open provide a transparent way for those accused for breaking the rules to see the evidence against them, and use this evidence in their appeal if necessary. If you're worried about being retaliated against for filing a complaint, those concerns need to go to an IA+ so it can be addressed appropriately. Just a thought to throw into this discussion.

^^

To add to this- if you see someone in-game breaking the rules and want to remain anonymous you can do !calladmin, make a post in shoutbox, or come onto TeamSpeak and poke an admin online.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread