jb_peanut_v3r removal

• Content Count:  1920

Map Removal

Full map name

jb_peanut_v3r

Type of map

Jailbreak

Why should we remove it

Playing on this map this morning really reminded me of its existence. This map is generally never played, and if it somehow ends up being played, it will just get rtv'ed in a matter of seconds. Not to mention, in my opinion, the map is very poorly laid out and pretty difficult to navigate to those who don't know the map.

After a little searching, I would provide a map request to replace this in the map pool.

• Content Count:  169

people don't actually give a fuck but this is a good ass map with tons of games, all of which have variety including climb, deathrace race easy/hard slide race drop down surf death run, warday area, and a place outside for unique games, and also lasers and minefield. plus some shit downstairs i cant really remember, but this map is good no doubt. has good rebelling options but none are overly easy and the layout is good with lots of secrets. maybe play it more before you just judge. just because it's not played doesn't mean it's bad

• Content Count:  824

people don't actually give a fuck but this is a good ass map with tons of games, all of which have variety including climb, deathrace race easy/hard slide race drop down surf death run, warday area, and a place outside for unique games, and also lasers and minefield. plus some shit downstairs i cant really remember, but this map is good no doubt. has good rebelling options but none are overly easy and the layout is good with lots of secrets. maybe play it more before you just judge. just because it's not played doesn't mean it's bad

I agree with what light said, there’s so much to the map which makes it a great map. It’s potential just isn’t shown because people on the server don’t give it too much of a chance. And while it is not voted very often, I still see it being played, which is a good thing. I don’t believe it should be removed simply because the players don’t vote it as much as the big maps such as electric, vip, and spy vs spy. Another nice thing about the map is that it gives the server a break from all the maps that are voted incredibly often, providing a bit of variety.

• Content Count:  2206

I agree with what light said, there’s so much to the map which makes it a great map. It’s potential just isn’t shown because people on the server don’t give it too much of a chance. And while it is not voted very often, I still see it being played, which is a good thing. I don’t believe it should be removed simply because the players don’t vote it as much as the big maps such as electric, vip, and spy vs spy. Another nice thing about the map is that it gives the server a break from all the maps that are voted incredibly often, providing a bit of variety.

I'm curious, do you think it's not given a chance because it's not played often so people aren't sure where the spots for guns are or how to rebel, or CTs aren't sure how to approach keeping order?

• Like 1

I'm curious, do you think it's not given a chance because it's not played often so people aren't sure where the spots for guns are or how to rebel, or CTs aren't sure how to approach keeping order?

I believe its a bit of both. During previous playtime on the map, I have seen multiple cases where ts will go "what is this map, I have no clue where anyting is, so rtv" or other sayings related to this. But also, it seems common that cts normally give the same orders each round, such as climb, bottom cell stairs, they don't seem to use a variety of what's on the map, which imo somewhat ruins the experience if you are a t.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1920

That's the real reason why I think it should be removed. Nobody knows the map and no one really cares to learn. I think if anything, we could add an old map back that everyone knows like blackops or clouds.

That's the real reason why I think it should be removed. Nobody knows the map and no one really cares to learn. I think if anything, we could add an old map back that everyone knows like blackops or clouds.

Do you think a video that show cases all secrets would help combat issues like this for this map or others in the future?

• Like 1

Do you think a video that show cases all secrets would help combat issues like this for this map or others in the future?

I want to say yes, but I just can't. I honestly could not see like any of the regs or members taking time to actually watch the video. If they can't take the time to play a new map and try to enjoy it, I just don't see them taking time in this.

• Like 1

I want to say yes, but I just can't. I honestly could not see like any of the regs or members taking time to actually watch the video. If they can't take the time to play a new map and try to enjoy it, I just don't see them taking time in this.

I'd say someone is more likely to give a map a chance if they can watch a 2 minute video showing everything available in a map rather than having to play the game mode for hours to find everything out or walk around aimlessly no?

• Like 1

I'd say someone is more likely to give a map a chance if they can watch a 2 minute video showing everything available in a map rather than having to play the game mode for hours to find everything out or walk around aimlessly no?

I’d say it is more likely but at the same time, I don’t think it would make an immense impact. I could see a couple regs watching or skimming through the video, but then u also have the regs who don’t want to, and the ones without a forums account (assuming the videos were to be advertised through the forums).

• Like 2

Reply to Thread