? servers

? players online

Charity Event?

• Content Count:  74

@tiny quail And to add to what @Phoenix_ said: just because we're taking our time to plan everything out and make sure everything goes according to plan doesn't mean that other people besides us aren't donating money to those charities as we speak. You can even google how often people give for charitable causes and you can see that they're on a very good upwards trend since 2017, particularly. It'd feel great to come together for a common cause and raise money as a community while having some fun since this could be used as an idea for a day-long community event or even a MGT (if we ever plan enough content to stretch out for a straight month).

I don't see a problem with it. Just gotta plan it out.

and that's fine I'm always welcoming of your guy's opinions and i share mine which is why this is a suggestion forum. In no way, shape or form did I deserve to get my opinion deleted. That's just biased and wrong.

@Phoenix_

i personally think, like i said earlier, donate asap because these things take way too long to set up and if you have the money to donate it is NOT too early to start. I just don't want people to wait for events if they can even spare change to donations.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  600

I Donate 50$ to PAWS ( http://www.pawschicago.org/ ) every paycheck (100$ a month) I would gladly donate more to other charities as long as I believe in the cause and the money % is high that goes to the charity because there are a lot of charities that only give like .05% to the cause and keep the rest we need to find a truly Noble cause that would do the most. Even if this doesn't turn into a event (which I don't see why it shouldn't be given a try) we can still have a individual event that can still take place. a stream is a good place to start but if no one is good at speed running then it wouldn't get traction. We could possibly start a main SG stream on twitch where all the streams if in the group will be hosted and the money can still go to the SG donation box to then go to the charity. If we are doing this we would probably need more approval and alot of communication with the higher ups on this to make it go through easy.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3294

Of course this will need lots of planning, so let's just leave this thread to that (regardless if we know this will be applied or not). The charity would have to be something that the BD's approve on, and that would look good for SG as a network/organization. Streaming would be a popular idea, aswell as implementing a reminder in the chat of our servers for the month/day/week the event is going on for. I think the hardest part would be picking a time and charity. If we could do this as an annual or half-year thing, I think this would be something we could all be proud of as a community.

• Like 2

Maybe we can do a choose your charity thing with the donation where you can choose where the money goes between some options that are diverse because some people rather donate to cancer instead disaster relief. It just opens more options for people to want to donate. Along with that we should give the servers and event a month or two for people to see it before it's out just so it can be talked about on servers and gain possible more traction. I think we should just stick to either 10 or 5 charitys because if we have to many it will be all over trying to find statistics. So I think we should just try to find five for right now that are diverse and accepted by people.

My list would go like this

#1 Animals: PAWS

#2 Disaster relief: Direct Relief

#3 Cancer: Cancer Research Institute

New York, N.Y.

#4 Hearing and visually impaired: Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind

Smithtown, NY

#5 youth development: Scholarship America

Minneapolis, Minn.

As I said before we can change these to other charities or other types of charity but it's just somewhere to start, if you think this list is to little we can do 10 (or possibly more).

Edited by Synk

I feel like a good time for us to do it would in October or November because then it would give it time to gain traction and let people save up if they wanted. We could possibly get other gaming communities in on this as well and make it something semi big like the community that gets the biggest donation wins some kind of prize like a website placard, but that would be up to other higher ups to consort with other communities to get it going. As for the twitch thing, as I said we could make a twitch page where it features all/some of the community streamers streaming for the charity and have the donation like in their bio. The twitch page would host any of of the streamers in the group and would be a way to get SG out there on twitch as well.

• Content Count:  183

I personally think this a great idea goes to a good cause it just need to be planned out and executed well i have faith in the Events team

If need help at all i can see if i can help just dm me i'll see what i can do this goes for any event

Edited by Scuffed

Reply to Thread