? servers

? players online

Recommendations for Jailbreak

• Content Count:  971

My name's daft in-game and I've been playing for a few months now. This server's jailbreak is really good because of how laid-back everything is, which has its' ups and downs. However, I think some rules need tweaking and I have my reasons for it. Now most people have played this gamemode for years and I wanted to start a discussion about what rules should be changed and why.

The first rule was actually giving T's the ability to speak at 4:30 rather than 4:00. The server actually did this for about 2 days and it was great, but then they reverted it back to 4:00 and I'm not sure why. Having T's input they're conversation earlier allows for rounds to be interesting at the very start. Many rounds with less than ~30 people are silent for the first minute because CT's either aren't giving orders or are giving few and far between orders.

Secondly, CT's have a little too much freedom in how T secrets are approached. The idea that CT's can break a T vent before the T's get there and just camp inside of it just makes the round not very fun. I propose that CT's are only allowed to go inside of a T secret if they know a T is in the secret.

Lastly, I'm fine with CT's who like to take control and give orders for most of the round. But it's extremely annoying when that person doesn't have a mic and strictly uses text chat. I've seen dozens of scenarios where some CT gives a text order in chat, but nobody moves because another CT is already talking and the T's are focused on what another CT has to say in voice chat rather than the text chat. And then the CT who gave the text order now technically has the right to warning shot the T's who didn't see it, and eventually kill them because when they ask "Why am I being shot??" the person who gave the text order has to give his reason in the chat.

Which nobody focuses on.

It's for this reason and the fact that CT's can't convey information quickly in high-pressure situations in text chat that I believe to join CT you should have to have a mic.

I'm very interested to see and hear what the veterans of JB have to say about this and I'm hoping in the end the server turns out better. Thanks!

Edited by dafty
misspellings

• Content Count:  824

The first rule was actually giving T's the ability to speak at 4:30 rather than 4:00. The server actually did this for about 2 days and it was great, but then they reverted it back to 4:00 and I'm not sure why. Having T's input they're conversation earlier allows for rounds to be interesting at the very start. Many rounds with less than ~30 people are silent for the first minute because CT's either aren't giving orders or are giving few and far between orders.

When the ts were unmuted at 4:30, this left the ts being unmuted before the guards were on rounds where !fo was taken. Also, if ts were to get to be unmuted this early on, it could be a little too hectic when cts r trying to give their first orders, which affect the most ts, possibly ending in many ts being shot and killed, ruining the experience.

Secondly, CT's have a little too much freedom in how T secrets are approached. The idea that CT's can break a T vent before the T's get there and just camp inside of it just makes the round not very fun. I propose that CT's are only allowed to go inside of a T secret if they know a T is in the secret.

Now onto this, if cts were only allowed to check vents or secrets when they think a t is there, it would be so unfair for the cts and make it even harder than it already is. Also, it is already a rule where a ct is allowed to camp in such vent or secret as long as they r actively enforcing, so I think this is already fine the way it is.

Lastly, I'm fine with CT's who like to take control and give orders for most of the round. But it's extremely annoying when that person doesn't have a mic and strictly uses text chat. I've seen dozens of scenarios where some CT gives a text order in chat, but nobody moves because another CT is already talking and the T's are focused on what another CT has to say in voice chat rather than the text chat. And then the CT who gave the text order now technically has the right to warning shot the T's who didn't see it, and eventually kill them because when they ask "Why am I being shot??" the person who gave the text order has to give his reason in the chat.

Which nobody focuses on.

It's for this reason and the fact that CT's can't convey information quickly in high-pressure situations in text chat that I believe to join CT you should have to have a mic.

With this, the discussion of whether cts need to have a mic or not has already been discussed in multiple threads, many times. Each time the end result has been that cts are completely allowed to give orders in chat. Also, if it were to be a rule that cts need a mic, I would find this unfair for the players who would like to play ct, but are not in a position where they have enough money to buy a microphone. Also, this could potentially drive potential regulars away from the server and community because they are not allowed to play ct for simply not owning a mic.

• Content Count:  2187

My name's daft in-game and I've been playing for a few months now. This server's jailbreak is really good because of how laid-back everything is, which has its' ups and downs. However, I think some rules need tweaking and I have my reasons for it. Now most people have played this gamemode for years and I wanted to start a discussion about what rules should be changed and why.

I got on one day when they implemented the 4:30 thing for the Ts. It felt pretty good to have mic freedom as a T earlier in the round. Haven't been on in a bit so if they did revert it back to 4:00 then I feel like they should change it back to 4:30 to allow Ts to talk.

I feel as if CTs camping vents is situational. They can do that, afaik. While it is extremely annoying for Ts, it can possibly help the CTs, thus possibly preventing a full on riot which can cause the Ts to win a round. HOWEVER, in the rules it states that "CTs must be actively enforcing orders or assisting their team." If a CT is literally just camping vents for the entire round while, for example, the entirety of the T and CT team are in a completely different location that has no way to enter the said vent, then an admin can step in if they feel like they are not assisting their team or enforcing orders. If this is happening and an admin is not on, then contact one via Shoutbox, TeamSpeak, Discord, etc. So if this rule were to be implemented, I feel like it would be unbalanced in favor of the Ts. Just saying.

Which nobody focuses on.

AFAIK, CTs are able to give orders whether it be on mic or in chat. The CTs are supposed to work as a team to control all the Ts. If they cannot work together with a CT who gives orders in chat, then they'll destroy themselves within a couple minutes. If Ts are getting shot because they couldn't pay attention to chat for orders from a CT, then I feel like they should pay more attention. A non-mic CT shouldn't be the one at fault if a T complains about getting killed for not following orders that were typed out in chat. I'm also pretty sure this has been pointed out several times but it ended up just keeping it the way it is. It just wouldn't make sense to give more power to a player who has a mic and leave all the other CTs to just follow behind them like lapdogs. it should be kept to where every CT has a chance to give orders, which would allow for a richer experience if they understand that they must cooperate in order to avoid having the Ts just run them over every round.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.