Military_king
    Community Advisor

KyoAni arson attack

Today, I recently learned from my sister about a terror attack involving arson on one of my favorite anime studios, Kyoto Animation. According to the police, the fire started when a man choose to break into the studio, spraying petrol everywhere, then ignited the petrol.

KyoAni is responsible for many big anime shows/movies like Lucky star, A Silent voice, Full Metal Panic, Haruhi Suzumiya, etc.

It is confirmed that at least 23 people were dead or presumed dead, and 36 were injured during the fire.

I just do not comprehend why people would attack a studio that does not make any sort of controversial content...like wtf man.

Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/1...tudio-n1031091

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Military_king For This Useful Post:
    Bernard. (08-04-2019), Cutesicle (07-19-2019), Legendary Kano (07-22-2019), TheZZL (07-21-2019)

Strayyz
    Water Drinker

It is a shame to see such talented and good people who just wanted to entertain leave this world so soon. My thoughts and prayers go to the 25 people who unfortunately lost their lives, and also to their families who were affected by their loss. Rest In Peace.

Darnias
    PM me feet pics

I read about it on reddit, hate anime or not this is a tragedy. There is a gofund page for them which already raised over $300k, but no money will bring back 25 people back to life.

Edit: It's $600k now

Phoenix_
    FeelsBadMan
    Rest in peace to the talented people who brought many joy and entertainment. It's a shame we live in a world where such a small fraction of absolutely insane people a really dim place sometimes.

Luke
    Honorable Gamer
    Actually heartbroken at this news. Makers of my favourite film and some amazing series. 33 confirmed dead now. So many talented people that have brought so much joy having their lives taken. Devastated.

https://twitter.com/tim_cook/status/...903542272?s=19

bat
    Remnant of a Demon
    Looks like we're not gonna get Dragon Maid's season 2 after all.
    1563428578657.jpg"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bat For This Useful Post:
    Cutesicle (07-19-2019), Legendary Kano (07-22-2019), Toasty (07-18-2019)

TheZZL
    VIP
    According to police on the scene, the man was screaming, "They stole my ideas" while burning down the building. Regardless if they did or not, the man must have been really sick to believe burning down a building was the answer.