? servers

? players online

Hide Command

• Content Count:  74

This command doesn’t help much with FPS, it’s used on Bhop and Surf so people aren’t in your way when you’re trying to do a perfect run.

Since this is a JB topic here’s what I got: You need to know where you’re teammates are going at all times (it’s a team based game in a way). If you don’t know where they are going, you’re subjected to warning shots and kos for delay/not following orders. “Oh but all I have to do is listen to the CTs orders.” Yeah, you can do that but there will always be a conflicting order that pops up down the line and it will result in a bad time. What if multiple have it active? Yeah I don’t want to see multiple ts randomly walking around aimlessly trying to figure out what to do in hopes they don’t get freekilled and causing even more confusing problems down the line (player complaints or even admin complaints at the worst). It’s just not a good idea at its core and it wouldn’t make it here. I don’t have the final say in this, take it away JB boys

MG probably wouldn’t have this either because again, team based gameplay. There would be times where you’re trying to shoot an enemy and your teammates get in the way only to soak up all the damage.

And since I can talk about the lovely TTT, here you go: No.

I don't think anyone wants it on anything but JB, thankfully. With the /hide command CTs are STILL visible. In my opinion it's to preference and it's not really meant to be used 24/7 and I said it definitely won't help this guy with his lag issue, but it's usually used within a minigame that makes it difficult to see because so many t's are participating. Also, in every situation JB is not a team game unless they are rebelling together- but usually it's FFA for LR. I think a lot of people's response to it is dramatic. I doubt you'll see 10 t's walk around aimlessly all using /hide. I hope the JB boys realize it's a helpful command for when you're stacked as shit in like climb especially. However, Straayz mentioned it could be seen as an ingame advantage. Which I could understand a bit so that's my main con. A lot of the people on this forum just repeat what the person above said about how unstacking is difficult, which is rather annoying. So thank you for putting in your own words. I'm just shaking in my boots thinking about TTT with a /hide. LMAO

Edited by tiny quail

• Content Count:  5674

I haven't closely examined each and every post in this thread but I'm going to sort of summarize what I said to @Manny. We have different view points on this and I think seeing what other people have to say is useful, but a majority of the people in this thread are way off track with their arguments against it, in my opinion. If Manny wants to make a post he can, but it seems like the people that want the command sort of have their bases covered in terms of why.

The main problem I have with anything like this is the advantage it gives to Ts. If a bunch of Ts are covering a CT, a T can just use the /hide command to see through them. Additionally, if the Ts are covering my sight of a gun, I can use the command to easily see where I need to go to get it. A big example I could think of for utilizing a command like this is being packed into isolation and not being able to see outside when you have a gun. That is my main concern and is very concerning to me, considering the fact that we are already suffering from a large T side advantage on our server.

I completely understand the benefit of this command when it comes to doing death-games. However, we hardly use death-games on our server, so why add this command at all? We'd be taking the risk of it furthering our balancing issue in regards to round wins while getting a small benefit for the few times we do death-games. I can also understand why other servers need this command. I've played every other popular Jailbreak servers, they do death-games with 25-30 Ts and sometimes even more, because they don't have the same restrictions as us. I can see why you would absolutely need the command for a situation like that - but we do our death-games with maybe, if you're lucky, around 8-10 Ts. At that point, will the command help all that much?

Everyone talking about it affecting a person's ability to follow orders isn't necessarily wrong. However, it's their decision to do that, just like with anything else. If I block communications on a CT who's giving orders and I die as a result, that's my fault. While this remains true, I did make the argument that despite it being their fault, it could still lead to unnecessary rage quits and such. So could anything though, so it's not as if it'd be alone in that regard. However, not having it all could avoid a lot of conflict, like unnecessary freekill complaints. Another legitimate concern is what bugs and exploits may come with this. Like any other plugin, we can work to fix them. It's inevitably going to happen though, so it's another thing to consider when asking yourself "is it worth what we're getting".

You also have to realize that you guys all might have different ideas of how the plugin would work and you can try to think of new ones and put it up for discussion. Zombie Escape currently runs a plugin similar to this (shown to me by @Polarzz) that only shows the skeletons of models instead of the full model, which increases FPS (so I've heard) but doesn't make people completely invisible. Some of you may want it this way or some of you may want them completely gone. Additionally, you can consider restrictions such as a minute cooldown after use or perhaps the command will only last 30 seconds. There's a ton of different ways that the plugin could potentially operate and you have to consider the fact that you might not have the same idea in mind as others.

Also as a note, I completely agree that we do not need to be carbon copies of other servers. However, there are some really good things to take from other servers. Oftentimes I will literally spend hours on other popular Jailbreak servers taking notes for new ideas. Do they need to be exact copies of plugins? No, but taking inspiration from servers, especially ones doing better than us, is not a bad thing. Saying "we don't need to copy other servers" in response to "other servers have this" is not a solid argument in the slightest and I would really encourage you guys to stay open-minded about any suggestion that gets brought up. We may not do something now, but we may do it in the future. A few years ago, people denied death-games on SG anytime they were suggested, and now we allow them.

I highly encourage you guys to continue discussion and I really appreciate the fact that you guys are having such a beneficial one at that. I just wanted to give you my thoughts (meaning this is all my opinion and this idea is not rejected at all) and also some notes for current and future discussion.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  2983

Along with some of the points that @Dominic made, implenting a /hide command would make the player complaint process more difficult. Having access to the /hide command would make it so you wouldn't be able to tell some of the context behind orders (like if someone were to run while the order was shiftwalking) and you probably wouldn't be able to tell if someone was breaking rules to begin with making it harder for people reviewing player complaints to assess the entire situation and pass correct judgement.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  74

Along with some of the points that @Dominic made, implenting a /hide command would make the player complaint process more difficult. Having access to the /hide command would make it so you wouldn't be able to tell some of the context behind orders (like if someone were to run while the order was shiftwalking) and you probably wouldn't be able to tell if someone was breaking rules to begin with making it harder for people reviewing player complaints to assess the entire situation and pass correct judgement.

you and @Dominic brought very important and unique arguments to this so thank you! as someone who wants new perspectives on these suggestion forum posts you guys are a perfect example. I think my first response on here agreed that you guys don't even touch minigames like I think electric vip doesn't even have one minigame- so you guys don't need it. Also the skeleton version on ZE does seem like a solution for lag, but the newly brought cons outweigh the only pro for this server. Also, I don't think everyone is lagging on your JB so. God now I know why Dominic is a higher rank than @eXtr3m3 LOOOOL

Reply to Thread