? servers

? players online

Primaries rule problem

• Content Count:  1920

I understand this was discussed recently here and here, BUT seeing THIS today kind of gave me an idea of a possible solution to the problem. I could be totally wrong here, and feel free to flame me if I am, but here's how I think a rule regarding this recurring issue should go:

"If a T is gunplanted via the death of a teammate and immediately drops the primary without shooting it, they are NOT KOS. A CT killing someone because of this is considered freekilling.

Please let me know what you think about this, and if and how it could be tweaked to be better, or seen as the permanent solution.

• Content Count:  64

From my point of view on paper this is a phenomenal idea, although I think it could be very twisted and will be less effective than we think it could be. As some ts would hold it and see if they could find a ct standing still and the other cts couldn't do much, then if killed the T will say he was going to throw it. AS well the CTs could say that he held it out for too long and kill the T which already happens so I think this could cut down on it, but also cause a lot of confusion and stress for admins and players. I would still like to see it done, I just dont expect it to be an"end all be all" solution and multiple changes like this could lead us to solving the problem.

Good idea

Tweak; Ts would have to look at the ground and walk out of the stack then drop it or something like that. That was a very desperate solution, but at the current moment in time I dont have a better one

• Like 3
Edited by tommie

• Content Count:  3294

BUT seeing THIS today kind of gave me an idea of a possible solution to the problem.

What Tagwrack did was against the rules. After spraying the T who picked up the primary, his spray hit the primary and hit it into the other t's. Whenever that happens, as a CT, you should ALWAYS allow them to drop it.

Tweak; Ts would have to look at the ground and walk out of the stack then drop it or something like that. That was a very desperate solution, but at the current moment in time I dont have a better one

This would never work. Ct's would just be at a lower advantage than they are already.

• Content Count:  272

The T isn't always gonna drop the gun as soon as he picks it up and a CT isn't always gonna have the reaction time to discern what the T is going to do in that situation. Ts would gain a huge advantage if CTs had to wait for them to drop it because a T that always rebels and has decent aim will just kill the CT that is watching them waiting for them to drop it. If the T does drop the weapon immediately then I agree the CTs should be nice and pardon them but that isn't always the case and the CT doesn't always have the time to think about that. Situations like these are definitely unfortunate but considering how T sided that server is I don't see it as the biggest of problems. It's already been talked about so many times I don't see a point in bringing it up anymore and I don't see a situation where I would support changing the primary rule unless something significant were to be brought up.

I don't see this working in any way.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  272

3 second timer to drop the primary should be good enough and most people should react to that, if they wont they'll be kos this is how i think it could work

3 seconds is enough for Ts to kill atleast 1 CT

• Content Count:  2342

Whenever that happens, as a CT, you should ALWAYS allow them to drop it.

Our current ruleset doesn't support this and leaves it to the CT to decide whether or not to kill them. If people had morals, sure, they should always try to give the T a chance to drop the gun. But you also need to realize there's a flip side of the coin to Ts getting gunplanted: some Ts also try to stand near people who have guns so they can pick them up after death.

Forcing CTs to give a T a few moments to drop the primary gives the T a window to shoot other CTs. There is no good way around this problem unfortunately.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3294

Our current ruleset doesn't support this and leaves it to the CT to decide whether or not to kill them. If people had morals, sure, they should always try to give the T a chance to drop the gun. But you also need to realize there's a flip side of the coin to Ts getting gunplanted: some Ts also try to stand near people who have guns so they can pick them up after death.

Forcing CTs to give a T a few moments to drop the primary gives the T a window to shoot other CTs. There is no good way around this problem unfortunately.

I meant when they gunplant, in the situation @Phoenix provided. I'm aware the issues of making that a rule.

• Content Count:  39

I want to bring up this topic again, maybe about ten minutes ago the same thing happened on spy vs spy. We had an order to go on the first step of climb and above climb a CT just died and his mag7 fell into pit and you cant see guns in the water. So somebody picked it up and dropped it so he wouldn't get killed and we all dropped it so we wouldn't get killed. Noxstar seeing that we are all attempting to get rid of the Mag7 kills us all claiming we all had the Mag7(I know holding it is KOS). Personally I believe gunplant shouldn't be KOS or stuff like this happens. And gunplant is pretty common and certain people will kill u and others won't

• Content Count:  697

too complicated, we are getting into hyper specific scenarios that don't help but hinders our already complex rules. And still wouldn't work for the reasons given in the other thread ea. allowing them to kill the ct where the ct cant kill them and giving them and easy kill making it hella unfair to ct's. this suggestions and suggestions like it will most likely never work out without confusing everyone who plays jb.

Reply to Thread