? servers

? players online

Offmic Command

• Content Count:  74

I never knew they were working on an off mic command but hopefully close to finish because it would be super useful especially when people get killed when they are suppose to be off mic and there won't be anymore problems because they get muted!

• Content Count:  3294

I never knew they were working on an off mic command but hopefully close to finish because it would be super useful especially when people get killed when they are suppose to be off mic and there won't be anymore problems because they get muted!

The command would be for alive players (T's). Click on one of the three linked threads to read up on it. If someone is abusing a glitch to be unmuted when dead (excessively), report them. However, most dead people talking are admins.

• Content Count:  74

No I am saying people will get killed because there on mic but not here a CT say it. So this will be easier so when a CT does the command all Ts will get muted and no one can get killed for being off mic anymore.

• Content Count:  5674

An "off mic" plugin is not currently in development. Any mention of it in those past threads have just been ideas and thoughts and it wasn't being made at any point. We're currently fleshing out the idea of it at the CA level, but we haven't even decided to actually implement anything like it yet. However, if we did make the decision anytime soon that we absolutely wanted to do it, it'd need much more time to be fleshed out as it could bring just as many negatives as positives.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1987

An !offmic command I find can be abused for say a CT just wants to use it as a way to try and mute the Ts or just use it to target one person as harassment and such. The “offmic” command delivered isn’t that bad, all you have to do is look to the bottom left and see who’s talking, isolate them then give warning shot or if you can see them and warning shot without injuring another than that’s fine too but allowing a command that mutes all Ts, can and will be abused by players. Good idea though.

• Content Count:  2342

An !offmic command I find can be abused for say a CT just wants to use it as a way to try and mute the Ts

Considering this gamemode can be played without Ts ever saying a single word, I don't really see how this command can be abused, especially if we add a limit as to how many times the command can be used per round as well as a minimum number of Ts online before the command can be used.

just use it to target one person as harassment and such.

If it affects all Ts, it seems difficult to harass someone, especially if it's only once per round.

all you have to do is look to the bottom left and see who’s talking, isolate them then give warning shot or if you can see them and warning shot without injuring another than that’s fine too but allowing a command that mutes all Ts, can and will be abused by players. Good idea though.

When the server is more than halfway full Ts continue talking to the point where it's impossible to give orders. It takes time to find the T in the stack, shoot them once, and then continue on to the next T. !offmic offers a way to cut through the silence for a short period of time so that an order can be given. I really don't find it much more different than !fo so that a CT can give a single order instead of 3 CTs fighting to give an order at the same time.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2983

Only problem I have with a adding an offmic command is the fact that it completely gets rid of an order/rule that the certain Ts would get punished for, for no reason. A CT can order for the Ts to be offmic till 3:30 for example, if they're disobeying. Someone who's already disobeying wouldn't need to follow this rule and the command would group them up and punish them with the addition of the rest of their team.

• Content Count:  3294

Only problem I have with a adding an offmic command is the fact that it completely gets rid of an order/rule that the certain Ts would get punished for, for no reason. A CT can order for the Ts to be offmic till 3:30 for example, if they're disobeying. Someone who's already disobeying wouldn't need to follow this rule and the command would group them up and punish them with the addition of the rest of their team.

An offmic order is only applicable for 15 seconds with a different order following it. When the t's are in a certain area or large stack off-mic wouldn't work unless you take great lengths to just single out a person. While i've done that, it's a hassle to do, and a command would make it easier.

Reply to Thread