? servers

? players online

Timestamps in Player Complaints

• Content Count:  2983

It would make CA+ lives easier handling player complaints if there were timestamps required for videos that are unnecessarily long. I see some player complaints span around 5+ minutes and there will probably be around a good 30 seconds of them actually showing proof of someone rulebreaking. It could also make people wait a bit before posting a player complaint as quick as possible so CAs dont have to wait for a vid to finish processing.

--

EDIT: Not leaving anything out, but i'm just going to change my opinion slightly. I don't believe it should be required like some have mentioned but having an optional field that would encourage people with long videos to mark it, would be helpful and wouldn't drag the player complaint process all too much

Example below:

f35dabfc78e2378f893248a39136a16d.png

• Like 8
Edited by nick

• Content Count:  2342

I agree with this to an extent. We're always going to have a watch the whole video regardless of whether or not timestamps are included to get an idea of the context leading up to a rule being broken. Timestamps are useful to see what the player wants the admin to know, but I worry that adding another barrier to a player complaint being submitted besides spending 0.5-1 hour editing/uploading a video, filling in the form, etc. will discourage players from reporting a single player.

However, it would be useful to have the player say "by the way there's nothing past X time" like you mentioned. That would save me a lot of time instead of watching a 2 minute portion of a video, not noticing the guy disconnected, and watching the rest of the 8 minutes waiting for something to happen :p.

It may be useful to suggest the user to include timestamps by including a "Timestamps" field to gently remind the user that that's something that can be included.

• Like 3
Edited by fantastic

I agree with this to an extent. We're always going to have a watch the whole video regardless of whether or not timestamps are included to get an idea of the context leading up to a rule being broken. Timestamps are useful to see what the player wants the admin to know, but I worry that adding another barrier to a player complaint being submitted besides spending 0.5-1 hour editing/uploading a video, filling in the form, etc. will discourage players from reporting a single player.

However, it would be useful to have the player say "by the way there's nothing past X time". That would save me a lot of time instead of watching a 2 minute portion of a video, not noticing the guy disconnected, and watching the rest of the 8 minutes waiting for something to happen :p.

It may be useful to suggest the user to include timestamps by including a "Timestamps" field to gently remind the user that that's something that can be included.

Sure, context is important I wont disagree with you on that. The addition to timestamps could be seen as a way to look at the most important part of the video. With that said, the context behind the "most important" parts of the videos could be shortly before and after the timestamps that the person who would submit the player complaint would place.

If I was in the position of someone making a player complaint, I think it would be worse chopping up a large video and losing potential proof on a rulebreaker. I also don't like when a video drags on like you stated. If not required, a timestamp field would be as effective and one can simply put N/A if the video is short.

• Like 1
Edited by nick

• Content Count:  3294

Sure, context is important I wont disagree with you on that. The addition to timestamps could be seen as a way to look at the most important part of the video. With that said, the context behind the "most important" parts of the videos could be shortly before and after the timestamps that the person who would submit the player complaint would place.

If I was in the position of someone making a player complaint, I think it would be worse chopping up a large video and losing potential proof on a rulebreaker. I also don't like when a video drags on like you stated. If not required, a timestamp field would be as effective and one can simply put N/A if the video is short.

The context @fantastic is referring to is (for example) the order given before the freekilling, or the start of the round. Time stamps should only ever be in a video if the creator believes that there is lots of gaps in the rule breaking (from shadow play)

The context @fantastic is referring to is (for example) the order given before the freekilling, or the start of the round.

Who are you disagreeing with? Fantastic clearly stated that if needed to, he would watch a video to its full length to get as much context as to why a rulebreaker did what he did.

Time stamps should only ever be in a video if the creator believes that there is lots of gaps in the rule breaking (from shadow play)

I understand that. that's why in both my posts I've said that a video shouldn't be chopped up, even if it's horrendously long and it drags out to have as much context, but should also have timestamps so the CA's lives become easier throughout the player complaint process.

• Content Count:  2206

I view timestamps as more of a courtesy for the CAs. I don't think it needs to be required but when someone uploads a long demo it would be nice to have specific time stamps of the rule being broken and context to go with it.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1654

We've had certain player complaints in the past that are simply too long and not worth the time for one or more to be banned. Ive had complaints before where none of the CA's had the time or energy to sit through 20 minute to hour long complaints as it isn't always worth it in the end. Usually I and others would reply to the person making the complaint saying they need to show timestamps so we dont waste our time, a good example would be this.

I believe adding a timestamps box for the user to fill would be very beneficial and as a note above the box it could say something like "Don't fill if video is shorter then x amount of minutes"

• Content Count:  2579

However, it would be useful to have the player say "by the way there's nothing past X time" like you mentioned. That would save me a lot of time instead of watching a 2 minute portion of a video, not noticing the guy disconnected, and watching the rest of the 8 minutes waiting for something to happen :p.

I think giving the optional field to timestamp is probably going to be helping our cause. I wouldn't feel comfortable forcing every complaint to provide timestamps since the majority of them don't require them at all, but it'd be a cool plus, for us.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2342

I think giving the optional field to timestamp is probably going to be helping our cause. I wouldn't feel comfortable forcing every complaint to provide timestamps since the majority of them don't require them at all, but it'd be a cool plus, for us.

Yeah, that's what I meant originally - definitely should be optional. +1

• Content Count:  74

I like this idea but it came from nick so.. I think others are realizing it's a reference point, not necessarily the report itself, so that's good.

It doesn't hold negative impact, why not. It's sleek and optional. Not an excuse to post 24 hour long footage though.

Edited by tiny quail

Reply to Thread