? servers

? players online

Same Name

• Content Count:  367

Changing your name to the exact thing as another player's can confuse others. I have seen thin many times before. Wether being KOS or any situation it can confuse others. Leading to freekilling and rdming. I know changing you're name while KOS is against the rules (discussed in a different thread), but how about having the same name as a person when just joining the server. It ain't there fault that someone else has the same name as them. And the player is new. This could lead to some anything. Stretching out to having others break the rules.

Maybe a rule of some sort can be added to help out with this.

I wasn't even aware that changing your names mid round was possible. Obviously this is against the rules and players doing this should be punished. Anyway I added "Do not change your name midround to confuse other" to the rules. I will update the in-game one later.

Thread:https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77975

Edited by Uno

• Content Count:  2983

There was a discussion about this and admins should deal with it the same way they deal with other rules. They ask them to stop (or in this case tell them to change their name) and can be kicked/banned for ignoring admins if they don't wish to cooperate.

• Content Count:  2342

Changing your name to the exact thing as another player's can confuse others. I have seen thin many times before. Wether being KOS or any situation it can confuse others. Leading to freekilling and rdming. I know changing you're name while KOS is against the rules (discussed in a different thread), but how about having the same name as a person when just joining the server. It ain't there fault that someone else has the same name as them. And the player is new. This could lead to some anything. Stretching out to having others break the rules.

Maybe a rule of some sort can be added to help out with this.

We don't need a rule for everything... if "Player A(1)" joins the server where another player by the name of "Player A" is on the server, it's expected that whoever joined last changes their name. There's no issue here IMHO because it'll be clear when "Player A(1)" joins the server that they need to change their name. They shouldn't wait to change their name until they're KOS.

• Content Count:  74

I've seen admins handle it fine. One thing that tickles my pickle is,

they are changing their names so at least one word of the name is similar to others. But honestly it's not really enough to enforce ig.

Example: Big Bear, Big Bunny, Big Balloon.

Most people would scream KOS Big before dying.

But yea, they do pretty well with this rule. I can't imagine fucking it up.

Edited by tiny quail

Reply to Thread