? servers

? players online

Helper

• Content Count:  74

I came with an idea called a "Helper" or "SG Helper" A-lot of the times when admins can't be there to assist players there's people that are there that aren't staff that know rules and will correct people when admins aren't available. I think there should be another staff rank that people can apply for that isn't as high as admin but still has the ability to mute players, switch players, slay players, etc. Theres a-lot of times where people mic spam or do stuff that admins can't see and I think this rank would be good for some people that are active A-LOT and can help but don't have to go through the process of applying for admin right away!

• Content Count:  3294

I came with an idea called a "Helper" or "SG Helper" A-lot of the times when admins can't be there to assist players there's people that are there that aren't staff that know rules and will correct people when admins aren't available. I think there should be another staff rank that people can apply for that isn't as high as admin but still has the ability to mute players, switch players, slay players, etc. Theres a-lot of times where people mic spam or do stuff that admins can't see and I think this rank would be good for some people that are active A-LOT and can help but don't have to go through the process of applying for admin right away!

I know this will get rejected and here's why:

-While a good idea, I think this is a large drastic change for SG's admin role. The only difference between a helper and admin would be the ability to ban.

-We have lots of admins at SG. If you ever need one, going on shoutbox, teamspeak, or discord will give you over a dozen admins able to help you.

-As members of this community, we all have access to submit player complaints. You can post one at 10:05PM and at 10:06 a friendly CA will be reviewing it.

Good idea in theory, I've even thought of it before

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  189

Admins have been approved by higher ups and therefore have access to important commands that help control/facilitate the server population. It would be a hassle to have these "SG Helpers" approved by higher ups, and held accountable for their actions. Not to name names, but there are many regulars that know the rules but I would never feel comfortable with having any commands.

If these "Helpers" are trusted with these commands that you have stated, they should just be admin.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1987

Yeah with most of the abilities presented are the same as a new admin of people were trusted to become “SG Helper” then they’d might as well be admin. I personally don’t see a point for this as admins are generally active on servers and willing to help. As stated above there’s always the “Player Complaint” area and is handled quite swiftly. Along with that I can see a lot of harassment or misuse of the commands if for some reason this idea was implemented and just given to people who are just active. All actives aren’t the greatest people out there, some are nice and willing to do the right thing but there are some who are not.

• Content Count:  590

This would add a whole application process and what you explained is entry level admin (the A rank, Server Administrator). No point in adding this as it just adds a useless process.

• Content Count:  2206

We have been down a similar road in the past and ultimately it was decided that this isn't the road we want to go down. If someone is active and competent enough to handle any kind of administrative powers I implore them to just apply for admin.

Thank you for the suggestion though!

• Like 1

Reply to Thread