? servers

? players online

NFL Tier List

• Content Count:  1633

Am I too late to the thread?

541f78092639ddd2148356a1c94dc71c.png

My ratings strictly follow the names of the categories. There are definitely more than 2 Superbowl contenders, but I only put the two I think will make it. Same thing applies to all categories.

Quick rundown of all my ratings:

S Tier

Eagles - Obvious some Eagles bias here, but they have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL (better than their 2017 roster). Carson Wentz is finally back at full health and not being rushed to play after an injury. Although injuries have ruined them in the past, if they stay healthy they should be an NFC favorite

Colts - Really strong team last year and the roster is essentially returning. They came out of nowhere and look scary now. As much as it would be safer to pick the Patriots to represent the AFC I'll go with the Colts.

A Tier

Patriots - Belichick + Brady = Conference Championship. Belichick is the best coach in the league and knows how to take no-namers and make them into great players. They lost some valuable pieces but knowing the Patriots they'll still succeed.

Saints - Still a really scary roster. If they get the 1st seed they'll be scarier in the playoffs. They were essentially robbed of a Superbowl trip last year. The only thing I don't like is Brees looked weak at the end of last year (he's getting older)

B Tier

Rams - Really talented roster. Donald one of the best players in football. Goff is above average although not superstar. Lots of great players on their team, but whats up with Gurley?

Chiefs - If they didn't bring Hill back they might be placed lower, but he didn't get suspended. Mahomes is a great quarterback, although I think regression is inevitable especially with the pressure now that people see him as a superstar after just one year. Their defense worries me though.

Steelers - They nearly made the playoffs last year with all the drama. Brown is gone, but JuJu is a good replacement. James Conner did a good job at replacing Bell. Ben had a hell of a season last year, although his leadership and attitude is questionable. Good team don't know why people are counting them out.

Falcons - They got hammered with injuries last year, but this is still a really good roster. Ryan is a good quarterback. Julio is one of the best, if not THE best, receiver in the league. Everyone just forgot about how good they were last year, and I think they'll be a really solid wildcard team.

Cowboys - Even though I'm an Eagles fan, the Cowboys are scary. I think the Eagles are more talented when healthy, thus I pick them to win the division, but Elliot and Cooper are great players. Dak is an above average qb, although he doesn't have the talent to be anything more than that. However, with the talent around him, he doesn't need to be better. Sucks once they are going to have to try and pay all these guys (which they can't). Dallas is in win now or bust mode because once they lose some guys they won't be able to compete with the Eagles (who are stacked better for the future).

Chargers - Really talented roster. Hope nothing goes bad for them in the Melvin Gordon situation. Also, Rivers is getting older too and who knows how long he will keep his elite play.

Browns - Overhyped roster, simple as that. I think the expectations are too high, especially with a new coach. Talented enough to get into the playoffs, but I don't see them getting much further. They'll be a wildcard team or a low seeded division champ.

Packers - Rodgers is elite and has some good players around him. The coaching change was needed and I'm banking on Rodgers thriving from it.

C Tier

Bears - They're no longer under the radar. Their defense is good. Trubisky is okay. They got some playmakers on that team for sure, but I think with a first place schedule they'll miss the playoffs. Sometimes these worst to first teams can deceive you.

Vikings - I wanted to put the Vikings in the playoffs but I couldn't. Cousins is good but he really chokes under pressure. With such a contract and high expectations still he is going to choke in those big games. Sucks because their roster is actually pretty good.

Panthers - I think Newtons peaked and he's not returning to 2015 form. The roster has some great playmakers but I'm starting to doubt their return to Superbowl contention.

Ravens - Lamar is good but he needs to develop his passing. Their division got harder and they got a first place schedule. They're going to struggle to make the playoffs against the Browns and Steelers.

Jaguars - Defense is still very good. Foles is certainly an upgrade over Bortles, but this isn't a stacked Philly roster anymore. The roster is less talented and there are some questions with the chemistry, so Foles has quite a task to get them to the playoffs.

Bucs - Arians is going to certainly help them. I think Winston lacks maturity as a qb and a person, but he still has the talent. Losing Jackson and McCoy will hurt, although they brought in Suh and having Evans still. Sort of good team, but their division is still tough.

Raiders - Carr is meh, might need to move on from him. AB is a great receiver and teammate except when he's a drama queen. Hopefully Jacobs develops nicely. I just don't see this team topping the Chargers and Chiefs for quite some time.

Texans - Watson is great, Watt is great, Hopkins is elite. That offensive line though... there are holes in this roster that haven't been addressed yet.

Seahawks - Wilson is a top 5 QB, but the roster lost more than they brought in. Wilson can't carry this team by himself.

49ers - Jimmy G is finally going to get to show off his skill. The 49ers certainly brought in some players to help this team, but they aren't strong playoffs contenders yet, unless Jimmy G really has a great year.

Titans - Mariota is simply never going to be elite. This has been a borderline playoff team for the last few years but I think they'll never be anything more behind Mariota.

Broncos - Flacco? Eh. Some good players, but not good enough for the playoffs.

Jets - I actually really like the Jets and think they could contend for the playoffs, but the AFC is just too strong. If the Pats dynasty falls soon they'll take over their division. This year, however, it belongs to the Pats.

Bills - Kinda like what they did, and Allen is exciting to watch. Just like the Jets, the AFC is too strong for them to make the playoffs in my eyes.

D Tier

Bengals - Coaching change was needed, but is Green okay? Is Dalton going to step it up? This roster is in a strong division too and they need to move on from some of their old players.

Dolphins - Fitzpatrick is not going to win you an entire season. How much of Rosen's failures are to be blamed on the Cardinals? Rosen is already shaping out to be sort of a bust and if he doesn't pull through this year then the Dolphins will be drafting a QB. The talent on this roster just isn't that great.

Cardinals - Murray should hopefully be good. Their roster is still just kinda shitty though, and you can't bank on Murray to carry them. Hope they do better than I pick them to as a nice farewell season for Fitzgerald who will likely retire after this year.

Giants - They're a mess. No one can tell if they're in rebuild mode or attempting to push for the playoffs. Manning should be done. Jones is too young and might not be the answer for a team with win now aspirations. They also lost OBJ and replaced him with a Tate (who just got suspended)? This team is going nowhere.

Redskins - Whats up with the QB situation? I don't know how Haskins will do or when he will start, but this roster also isn't that great. They're too confusing to predict.

Lions - Stafford is good but he doesn't seem like he will ever turn elite. Last year sucked for them and they haven't done much to convince me they'll be much better.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  532

Well your predictions suck. Eagles suck and ravens making the SB!

Yessir, Chad finally says something smart. Ravens the best, Lamar the Goat. Ok all jokes aside Lamar has legit improved so much in terms of being a Quarterback. I'm just really happy to see the ravens finally breakout and have success following the 2012 year.

Looking back at my tier list though.... I have made a severe and continuous lapse of my judgement.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread