Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    fantastic
    Community Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Trazz View Post
    For that then it can announce it when the match starts like and automated message that’ll appear in the middle or when the person is setting up the match everyone sees the options as well like how everyone sees the map veto.
    Even with our best efforts there's going to be people who are either careless or will use that as an excuse... going to be confusing IMHO.

Fuze
    Slayer of Grandmas
    I've been looking into this and it may be possible for us to turn off friendly fire but retain team damage for molotovs, if this were to be implemented is there still anyone who objects to turning friendly fire off?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuze For This Useful Post:
    fantastic (07-22-2019), nick (07-22-2019), Tweedledee (07-22-2019)

jim
    macbook gamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
    I've been looking into this and it may be possible for us to turn off friendly fire but retain team damage for molotovs, if this were to be implemented is there still anyone who objects to turning friendly fire off?
    This is the right call. No-one should be able to push through a teammate's molotov without consequence and no more being shot in the back of then head by a teammate leads to less frustrated players. IMO this is a win win.

However, what about other grenades impacting teammates? For example: Flashbang/smoke/decoy hitting a teammate and slowing them down, or even just normal grenades?

Fuze
    Slayer of Grandmas
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    This is the right call. No-one should be able to push through a teammate's molotov without consequence and no more being shot in the back of then head by a teammate leads to less frustrated players. IMO this is a win win.

However, what about other grenades impacting teammates? For example: Flashbang/smoke/decoy hitting a teammate and slowing them down, or even just normal grenades?
    Flashbangs, smokes, and decoys are a non factor as even with FF off if they hit a teammate it still reacts like normal just won't do any damage. As far as HE grenades I'm not sure I can look deeper into that.

drippy
    SG Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
    If this is somehow possible with all utility damage(or just Molotov’s doesn’t really matter) I would support this even more. The only major problem with having FF off is pushing your teammates’ molotovs. Yeah, you can still a spray a clip into your teammates back and still do damage to the enemy but that problem is more of a minor problem. I think the pros outweigh the cons for FF to be turned off and I 100% support this idea.

jim
    macbook gamer
    After being shot in the head in a scrim game today, I want to push this agenda even further.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jim For This Useful Post:
    Tweedledee (07-22-2019)

Fuze
    Slayer of Grandmas
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    After being shot in the head in a scrim game today, I want to push this agenda even further.
    Good news is I've tested the plugin and it seems to work with bots, gonna do some play testing later. I don't think it affects HE grenades so people won't take damage from them but I'm not worried about that as much. If @Exk gives it the greenlight we can do a trial period on the server.

Fuze
    Slayer of Grandmas
    After doing some more testing with the plugin we have decided that we are going to move into a live testing phase on the server. In the next day or so you should see an update to the changelog reflecting Friendly Fire being turned off however the molotovs will still do damage to teammates. We have found that HE grenades will NOT do damage to your teammates.

Thank you for all your opinions and there may or may not be a follow up thread after the change goes live on the server to gather some feedback on the change itself.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuze For This Useful Post:
    drippy (07-23-2019), Exk (07-23-2019), fantastic (07-24-2019), Tweedledee (07-23-2019), URPALERP (07-23-2019)