? servers

? players online

becoming admin?

• Content Count:  316

Hey guys, I started thinking about becoming admin. But first, I would like to hear some info from admins and players here and know what I should learn/do. Or more like advice and stuff I should focus on. I started communicating more with the people on both JB and TTT servers and I have met a lot of new and friendly people. By me being a player from 2016 - 2017, I want to meet the new generation of people who are on the SG servers here today because it could help me on my road to admin as well. Thanks

• Content Count:  2342

Two different questions I see being asked.

1. "How do I get admin?"

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71129 covers it nicely, but a short checklist I like to runthrough:

- Do people actually know me, and can I think of people who would support me?

- What are some constructive criticisms I can make against myself as a potential admin, and how can I address them?

- What are things I'm doing that show I'm capable of handling admin, and how can I convey that in an application?

- Am I mature enough to handle the responsibilities that come with admin?

2. "What is it like being admin?"

Pretty chill. It's really what you make of it. Don't push yourself to be that one hardworking guy who stays up past his bedtime to moderate the servers. Do as you do normally and you'll find it enjoyable... and maybe you'll keep your sanity if you're admining JB ;).

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1009

who are you again? has this been your name on the forums the whole time?

Tip 1. From what I’ve learned on my journey, Delirium will give you tons of shit, but it’s just his personality and it’s really all a test most of the time.

Tip 2. Don’t only play TTT. I’d really love to see you on JB and help out there. It needs all the help it can get.

Tip 3. Don’t shitpost your way to 10 posts then apply. People really look at that.

Tip 4. Make player complaints, people wanna know that you want to get rid of rule breakers.

Tip 5. Help out new players, elaborate on rules and don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Tip 6. Be yourself, a lot of old rule breakers/toxic players put on this ‘perfect persona’ until they get admin. It shows A LOT by the way.

Tip 7. Get on teamspeak. Teamspeak helps you learn the general atmosphere and how SG servers should be.

Tip 8. Don’t let your emotions speak for you. Whenever something aggravates you just take a deep breath, maybe even disconnect, then once you feel like your calm enough then you can reconnect. Judgement like this really helps more than applying for admin, and helps a lot in the real world. JB and TTT can get very aggravating at times.

Tip 9. Help out admins on peak hours. As you can maybe see admins have a really tough time admining on peak hours, which honestly can get very overwhelming when there’s 5-10 people yelling FK or RDM on their mics.

Tip 10. Play for fun and don’t let your ego get in the way.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  5375

Tip 1. From what I’ve learned on my journey, Delirium will give you tons of shit, but it’s just his personality and it’s really all a test most of the time.

Tip 2. Don’t only play TTT. I’d really love to see you on JB and help out there. It needs all the help it can get.

Tip 3. Don’t shitpost your way to 10 posts then apply. People really look at that.

Tip 4. Make player complaints, people wanna know that you want to get rid of rule breakers.

Tip 5. Help out new players, elaborate on rules and don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Tip 6. Be yourself, a lot of old rule breakers/toxic players put on this ‘perfect persona’ until they get admin. It shows A LOT by the way.

Tip 7. Get on teamspeak. Teamspeak helps you learn the general atmosphere and how SG servers should be.

Tip 8. Don’t let your emotions speak for you. Whenever something aggravates you just take a deep breath, maybe even disconnect, then once you feel like your calm enough then you can reconnect. Judgement like this really helps more than applying for admin, and helps a lot in the real world. JB and TTT can get very aggravating at times.

Tip 9. Help out admins on peak hours. As you can maybe see admins have a really tough time admining on peak hours, which honestly can get very overwhelming when there’s 5-10 people yelling FK or RDM on their mics.

stop harassing me

• Like 5

• Content Count:  2579

tip 11: just read fantastic's post and you'll be fine.

ps: tip 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9 are tips you might not want to follow/need to follow at all.

/thread

• Like 4

Reply to Thread