Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trazz
    shrimp
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZZL View Post
    That's the whole thing I don't understand about sending credits this way. No one wants 500-1000 credits. If someone wants a skin and doesn't have it, they'll want all the credits required. If they're short by a couple of thousand credits, they'll end up getting them by playing anyway.
    The amount can be changed I just provided an example.

TheZZL
    VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Trazz View Post
    The amount can be changed I just provided an example.
    No i'm aware, but I deem it hard to find the right number. Too high and credits are worthless(and remove income for SG), too low and no one cares about sending people credits.

Fuze
    Slayer of Grandmas
    I think a cool thing would be having the ability to bet credits against others. Something along the lines of "!bet 500 zzl CT" and then zzl would be promoted to accept the bet or not. Details would have to be ironed out to make sure it's not abusable but thats the rough draft of a possibility I've thought off

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuze For This Useful Post:
    Bacon (07-12-2019), Cutesicle (07-17-2019), TheZZL (07-12-2019)

Synk
    Subscriber
    I feel like that could be a really good idea for jb, for lr's bet on who's going to win then spread the winnings around with the winners of the bet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Synk For This Useful Post:
    TheZZL (07-12-2019)

Phoenix_
    SG Professional
    I don't think that suggestion would work. The whole idea of betting on CT's would be extremely complicated and time consuming to make. On top of that, being able to transfer credits to players would destroy a part of SG's income. New players would just get the spare credits of regulars who are sitting on 200K+ Credits, instead of grinding or paying for them.

Instead, I think we should add in either a roulette (or more likely) a coin toss system. On top of this, we should go for adding more skins and interesting cosmetics to bring more interest in credits. This encourages more people to grind for credits, which (hopefully) leads to more desire for newer models, which (again hopefully) leads to more events and fund cosmetics.
    1. I could be totally wrong here, but I have never heard of literally anyone buying credits. If people do, I'm more than sure it's a small fraction compared to monthly VIP/Sub and individual donations.

2. I am also no legal expert, but there could be a potential issue with any gambling in relation to credits in the state they are in. To gamble in the US, you have to be 18. As credits are something that can be bought and not only gained for free, having something that can be bought also being something that can be gambled could possibly lead to legal trouble for the server if someone with the right authority or ties found out. Gambling and CS:GO certainly don't have the best relationship. While I think this (some sort of gambling system) would be fun if implemented, I just don't know if it would be safe to implement.

That's the whole thing I don't understand about sending credits this way. No one wants 500-1000 credits. If someone wants a skin and doesn't have it, they'll want all the credits required. If they're short by a couple of thousand credits, they'll end up getting them by playing anyway.
    1. But the thing is, some people DO want 500-1000 credits. If someone was able to get 3500 credits (in Trazz's system) in a week, that gives them a huge head start towards getting that skin, particle trail, or whatever they wanted. There's nothing wrong with someone sending some credits to their friends when they have more credits than they could ever need or want.

2. Another thing is, I don't see any negatives in implementing this. No one HAS to use this system. People that want to use it will, and those who don't care for it won't. It will only benefit players with fewer credits get that cool cosmetic they want. Unless if I'm totally wrong on the amount of income made from selling credits, I don't see any serious drawback from this idea.

Andrew
    SG Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_ View Post
    2. I am also no legal expert, but there could be a potential issue with any gambling in relation to credits in the state they are in. To gamble in the US, you have to be 18. As credits are something that can be bought and not only gained for free, having something that can be bought also being something that can be gambled could possibly lead to legal trouble for the server if someone with the right authority or ties found out. Gambling and CS:GO certainly don't have the best relationship. While I think this (some sort of gambling system) would be fun if implemented, I just don't know if it would be safe to implement.
    Im not sure this is a real issue as the credits have no monetary value, but you can technically buy them with money so that might shake somethings up. Not to sure.

We can also add something like !craffle (bc there already is a !raffle). Some player just can start one with X amount of credits and other people can join in. The more you put, the higher your chance and the winner takes all. There can be minimum amount of credits you have to deposit to join too if that is necessary.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:
    Phoenix_ (07-12-2019)

Dominic
    not legal
    I don't think that suggestion would work. The whole idea on betting on CT's would be extremely complicated and time consuming to make.
    Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but plugins that work like that already exist. If anything we may need to do minor edits, but that's it.

I don't really agree with adding any system where people can gain free credits, but thought I should clarify the above.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dominic For This Useful Post:
    TheZZL (07-12-2019)

Caution
    Because I was Inverted
    Too high and credits are worthless(and remove income for SG)
    this ^ thing, right here

1. I am totally wrong here, but I have never heard of literally anyone buying credits.
    ftfy ^

I'm going to say no, mainly for it taking revenue away from us and because it might prevent people from spending more time on the servers if they can simply get the credits from someone else. I'm not against the whole 'betting' thing really, but that's not quite the same as just straight up giving. Is it a legal gray area? Yeah...probably (that's before looking into the law any further), but so is the amount of trademark and copyright infringement done on CSGO maps lol. I'll look into the betting thing some more, but I doubt anyone is going to care - especially since there are already gambling type things in a lot of games anyways and it's not illegal. I think it starts becoming more of a 'no no' when $ is involved, instead of virtual items.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Caution For This Useful Post:
    bat (07-13-2019), fantastic (07-12-2019), Phoenix_ (07-13-2019), Soul (07-12-2019), TheZZL (07-12-2019), Toasty (07-13-2019), Trazz (07-15-2019), Tweedledee (07-12-2019), Uno (07-12-2019), URPALERP (07-12-2019), Wreck (07-15-2019)