? servers

? players online

Recording on 4:3

• Content Count:  590

So recently I switched to 4:3 resolution (1600 x 1200) and whenever I record a video the resolution of the video is like a square. I know it's because of the resolution I'm playing on but like youtubers that play on 4:3, when you watch the video, there's no black bars or anything, the resolution is fine. I was wondering on how to fix this.

Example of a "square" video while playing on 4:3:

Example of fine video while the person playing on 4:3:

If anybody knows the answer this, that would help immensely.

• Content Count:  2941

n0thing streams the game stretched to fit the screen.

You don't "fix" this. You just edit your 4:3 video and stretch it to fit a 16:9 resolution.

i.e. you stretch your video in a video editing software to be 16:9 and then render your video to 1280x720 or 1920x1080.

• Content Count:  1381

For OBS, open settings and click the "Video" tab and change your resolutions accordingly

rBYF2X3.png

EDIT: My bad, doing the OBS method works, but doing the exact same thing for shadowplay doesn't. But the real way to fix this is to again, disable shadowplay so you can change the settings, and then go into settings, scroll all the way down to "Privacy Control", and then enable "Desktop Capture", this will make the video resolution into your monitors native resolution. So say you have a 1920x1080 monitor and want to play on 1600x1200, you enable this and then the video will be resized to 1920x1080 without any black bars. @drippy

2na6I2H.png

• Like 1
Edited by nesquik

• Content Count:  1583

On a side note, why in God's name are you playing 1600x1200. If you have the ability to create a custom resolution, you should match it to the vertical resolution of your monitor and multiply the width accordingly (e.g. 1440x1080). Unless of course you play on some fucky resolution chinese monitor...

• Like 1

Reply to Thread