? servers

? players online

JB Sports Event

• Content Count:  367

Here’s a summary of what it is( for anyone who doesn’t know what it is):

Jailbreak Sports event

This is where players/Cts and Ts will go head to head in soccer and hockey match.You have to either get the ball/puck into the other teams net or try to kill everyone on the opposing side to win

Rules

don't go out side the playing area or else you can be slayed for it

don't use any primaries or secondaries or anything to gain an advantage over the other team unless told so by an admin

Rules maybe modified depending on admins discretion/situation (since this is a new event) -@Takuto

I feel as this would be a great idea since summer time is up. It will add a spice to JB and interest new players of SG. I do want this event back because it would be fun for everyone.

Thread: https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87131

Edited by Uno

• Content Count:  701

We tried this before and it didn't really work because we had trouble keeping everyone in the same place and getting them to the specific spot on the server. No one cooperated with us and they kept rebelling and giving orders. Everyone was complaining about how bad it was going so we decided to cancel it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1469

This is probably the worst event i have ever did. it was good on paper but terrible in practice. I could see a future event similar to this that would work though but right now with the state of how jb is, which everyone wants to just play regular jb, its not gonna work because it takes too much of the core gameplay away from jb. This is just my thought process after we tried to run this event.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  820

On top of what has been said, the event would probably be very short because of round time and people getting bored and leaving. Also, soccer and hockey are already things that can be normally played, so there is really nothing special about it.

• Content Count:  3294

Maybe we could get people who actually want to play and properly participate to sign up on the forums ( @Takuto @Bacon ). Then, extend round times ( @Kopsta). Even with all this the event isn't possible. However, I don't know if it would be worth it to whitelist the server for the event time if we have under 20 people participating.

• Content Count:  1583

I feel that the best events are those that accent or spice up core gameplay (see Protect The President, Juggernaut, Admins v Members). People come to JB to play JB, so maybe something like this would be better suited as an MGT of sorts. @Labarr mentioned someone making a full fledged soccer gamemode in CSGO at some point I think?

• Content Count:  701

I feel that the best events are those that accent or spice up core gameplay (see Protect The President, Juggernaut, Admins v Members). People come to JB to play JB, so maybe something like this would be better suited as an MGT of sorts. @Labarr mentioned someone making a full fledged soccer gamemode in CSGO at some point I think?

Some of the maps on MG have soccer as an option. I think this would be better for mg aswell. @Creten @ThRza

• Content Count:  356

Rejected for a couple of reasons. We already tried the event and it was a disaster. The main reason is that it takes too much from the core gameplay of our Jailbreak server. It sounds like a great idea on paper, but much more difficult to implement.

• Like 8

Reply to Thread