Frostbitten
    GRIND TIME PRIME TIME

Popular Streamer Etika Confirmed Dead

About five days ago, the New York Police Department sent out a tweet describing Desmond Amofah due to the fact that he went missing for around five days after posting a seemingly suicidal video on Youtube. About two days ago, news sources posted saying that his belongings were found alongside the Manhattan Bridge.

With great regret, NYPD tweeted on this day that Etika's body was pulled out of the East River and was pronounced dead on the scene. News article for source here.

Rest in peace, Etika. He was a great man who was blinded by his success and was too stubborn to admit it until the very end. He's in a much better place now. The only people who were clowns were the ones who made fun of him during his time of need.

Not to mention, he killed himself at the young age of 29. Someone with so much influence and creativity offed himself at such a ripe age. Sad to see someone so young go through all this. I know he's been through some really tough shit during his high school days and when he was going to find himself his new home, but it's still unbelievable that someone with his kind of energy is just gone.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Frostbitten For This Useful Post:
    Christinho (06-26-2019), Dong (06-26-2019), Korean Ninja (06-26-2019), Legendary Kano (06-25-2019), Noxstar (06-26-2019), tana (06-26-2019), TheCharizard (06-25-2019), TheZZL (06-25-2019), Uno (06-25-2019), Wreck (06-25-2019)

Snowy
    Latina
    rip to a real one remember @Frostbitten when you donated to him and the way he reacted you should save that video man. This really made my day shitty #Joyconboyz

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowy For This Useful Post:
    Frostbitten (06-25-2019)

Wreck
    thupid
    just watched his "im sorry" video. Rest in peace.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
    Frostbitten (06-25-2019)

Tweedledee
    SG Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
    just watched his "im sorry" video. Rest peace.
    Saw that video too. That guy was really going through some shit... Crazy how he had thousands of followers and still felt so utterly alone. R.I.P.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tweedledee For This Useful Post:
    Frostbitten (06-25-2019), Wreck (06-25-2019)

Frostbitten
    GRIND TIME PRIME TIME
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    rip to a real one remember @Frostbitten when you donated to him and the way he reacted you should save that video man. This really made my day shitty #Joyconboyz
    That made me so happy. I even remember how he reacted after reading all of the love and support he was getting during the stream. It hurts to see this happen.

Luckily, some of his fans dedicated their channels to Etika so they can make an archive for all his past videos and streams. I feel like going through them just to experience some of the good memories he left with us.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostbitten For This Useful Post:
    Snowy (06-25-2019)

Uno
    Future President of SG
    Oh I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. I FORGOT THERE WERE SOME BITCH ****** IN HERE-Etika
    All jokes aside, R.I.P. Etika. I saw his last apology video as well and well it gives me chills. Sad that he jumped off and commited suicide but it is what it is.
    But here’s what Etika wanted:

R.I.P. Daniel Desmond Amofah 1990-2019

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Uno For This Useful Post:
    Frostbitten (06-25-2019)

Noxstar
    Borderlands 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Uno View Post
    All jokes aside, R.I.P. Etika. I saw his last apology video as well and well it gives me chills. Sad that he jumped off and commited suicide but it is what it is.
    But here’s what Etika wanted:

R.I.P. Daniel Desmond Amofah 1990-2019
    I don't think it's anywhere close to your right to make a joke on this, anyways, I've watched etika for a while now and all I have are mixed feelings on the incident. It fucking sucks that he felt this way even with the energy he had. He was one of the best streamers imo because of the amount of content and for how long he pushed it out. Now his life most likely made streaming a chore and all we can really do is reminisce and move on. Now personally, I felt as if some people sensed this for a while now because he's been through some tough shit and I don't see him talking about it normally on stream nor do I hear any progress about it most of the time. He likes to be transparent but not always. To make it clear, I think he bottled up his emotions and couldn't talk with anyone he felt comfortable with so it just got worse until it got here. I'm sorry it had to end like this, Rest in Peace Etika.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Noxstar For This Useful Post:
    Frostbitten (06-26-2019)

URPALERP
    SG Regular
    It's sad that this has happened and keeps happening with more and more people. If anything, they should be treated with respect after what has happened. And it's even more unfortunate that people like ImJayStation make videos claiming to be helping, but in a sense, are just trying to profit off of his death.

Some of u may disagree with my thoughts that he's scum, but idrc.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to URPALERP For This Useful Post:
    Frostbitten (06-26-2019)

Frostbitten
    GRIND TIME PRIME TIME
    One of Etika's archive channels gathered a bunch of clips of Etika that showed how good of a man he really was. All sorts of good moments with comedy as well.

I saw a comment that quoted Etika saying "Energy cannot be destroyed, it can only be transferred." That hit me hard, knowing that we'll carry a bit of Etika throughout our life, whether it be by action, example, or memory.

But in the end, we all have to move on. That's just how life is, it has its own ups and downs and we have to learn to adapt to it. And no matter how we see it, there's always someone who you can turn to, whether it be a certified professional on a hotline or one of your family members. This situation should teach us all that lesson. Even five minutes to spare is all it takes to talk to someone.

Once again, rest in peace Desmond. Hope he's living it up somewhere up there.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frostbitten For This Useful Post:
    Christinho (06-26-2019), Dong (06-27-2019), GhostTitanium (06-26-2019), Manny (06-26-2019), Tweedledee (06-26-2019)