? servers

? players online

Primary Rule on JB

• Content Count:  590

There's pros to that but many more cons imo. Would be more of a nuisance to remember to do that more than anything. Maybe just me.

I don't see how picking up guns with e would have any cons. It will eradicate this problem completely. If you choose to pick up the gun, you press e and pick it up. If you don't, you simply don't look at the gun and press e(really hard to fuck up). Some maps will need tweaks because of it but if the JB team wants to do it, they can. It's all up to the JB team, if they want to give this a shot they can.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1009

What's the thoughts on picking up guns only with E? It could be broken on some maps, but it could be fixed by adjusting the weapons location. If you could only pick up guns with E it would solve gunplanting issues.

I actually think this is a good idea. This could actually be the solution to this never ending debate.

• Content Count:  1583

The best solution I can think of is to somehow disable auto pickup and require a t to press the use key on guns but I think that could break a bunch of secrets unintentionally.

Look at all the geniuses that didn't bother reading the thread...

@Darnias if you can find a way to get this to work, I'm sure the JB team wouldn't be opposed to trying it, but there's no point in bending over backwards if it's going to involve revamping every map on the server.

• Content Count:  5377

As I stated before this would help the T's not get destroyed because one Ct decided that he(or she) decided to gun everyone down because they might or might not of picked up a weapon

In that scenario you should definitely alert an admin or clip a recording or do whatever you need to do to report it. There's a pretty large difference between crossfire and someone deciding "to gun everyone down because they might or might not of picked up a weapon."

Still don't think any sort of plugin or rule change is needed and will reassert my opinion that if you're crying over dying a few times in a video game you definitely should not be playing a game mode like jailbreak. I understand that our current server demographics tend to skew to the younger side and that emotional maturity (even in something as irrelevant as a custom game mode in a competitive game overall) is exhibited by few and far between. I'm sure a few of the players in this thread are guilty of overreacting to an errant shot that results in a freekill. I think instead of changing the rules to cater to this sort of mentality we (as an admin team and from regulars who understand) should instead promote increased conflict resolution skills and push a culture that isn't screaming and crying over every freekill; intended or otherwise.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

My only issue with the E mechanic is that it is not reliable. If I try to go make a play for a gun and the e button doesn't register me picking up the gun(which if you've played enough comp you have undoubtedly run into this issue) I am fucked no way around it. I'd rather have gotten fucked knowing I went for the play got the gun and missed my shots rather than my small window was destroyed by the crappiness of the e mechanic. The JB team will discuss this as personally it's probably the best solution ive heard so far for this argument but would definitely need to be tested and a lot of work would have to go into it to make every map current and future compatible. @Darnias look out for a message from me in the foreseeable future on this once I've discussed it a bit with the team.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1799

There is really no easy way around this. Each and every time this is brought up it's always discussed as a problem, which I agree that it sucks when this situation happens in the server, but the way we have our ruleset right now is the best and most simplest way to combat this issue. Adding any sort of "A T has to be holding the gun for them to be KOS" or "A T has to be holstering the gun for x amount of seconds" simply won't work and any sort of variation of the two will most likely never reach the server.

Making it so players would have to press a button to pick up a weapon would end up immensely hinder anyones ability to rebel, which is what our server is heavily dependant on. Yes, in this single situation it might help, however, there is definitely a lot more situations where this would backfire on the Ts and end up causing a lot more people to possibly leave our server and never come back.

As always, we appreciate the discussion brought up in this thread but there will be no change in the rules.

• Like 5

Reply to Thread