? servers

? players online

Primary Rule on JB

• Content Count:  590

This is the rule that pretty much any player on JB is really confused about and to be honest, it should be tweaked somehow.

The current rule on JB is that all primaries are kos, no matter the circumstance. This, imo, is the most abused rule on JB and I believe it has to be tweaked some how. *all circumstances given will be on razor*

The main problem is say the order is all t's be in medic on a north bed. A t has a primary in there and is trying to kill some CT's while on the bed so he has some protection (his teammates) and he can keep regaining health, making it extremely hard to kill him. A CT makes the order crouch walk no jumping to big cage. The T is in a stack with the primary and gets killed (just him). The primary gets passed on to another player and a CT kills that player. The primary keeps getting passed on from player to player and the t cannot react at all because their teammate just got popped and they're the next one to hold the primary for about 1/2 a second before he dies.

The rule imo has to be changed. The only problem with tweaking it is that in other situations the changed rule will be bad

If there rule was like primaries are kos if they have it for longer than 3 seconds. A CT gets killed by a T by a glock while the order is shift walk no jumping to pool while he is right at the entrance to pool hallway. A t grabs the gun and runs and but a CT can't kill him because he has to wait 3 seconds before killing the t. The t gets into pool, gets on cat walk, and its a massacre from there. It ends the round for the CT's just because of one play.

If the rule in this circumstance is that it is only kos if the t pulls it out, that will also be bad. I will give the same circumstance as the last one. Pretty much the same thing as the last. The t can run with the primary, ignoring the CT's order to drop it, he can run to cover, get on pool cat walk, and easily kill the CT's as they're walking into pool or camping the cat walk ladder.

I don't know how to change this rule, but imo it has to be changed. I used to really abuse this rule but the more I stopped rampaging on 5 innocent t's I realized how stupid it is. It annoys people a lot, it'll cause people to leave (trust me, I've seen it happen) and it'll cause a lot of toxicity for the next round because people think it's free-kill because it shouldn't exist

The best change to this should be primaries are still kos if they pick it up, but, if they unintentionally pick it up from their teammate because they died, they should be given a chance to drop it and not be killed immediately because to be honest, it is by far the most obnoxious thing to be killed for that. Hopefully this could be taken into consideration, because the rule as it stands is really broken and gets abused a lot.

• Like 1
Edited by duffy

• Content Count:  2342

This was discussed two months ago here: https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88162

The JB team's decision:

The general consensus among the Jailbreak staff is that there's no real way to fix this. That's how it has always been. Yeah, it sucks, but there's no other rule or plugin that could be put in place that would be more effective.

We understand where you're coming from and we appreciate the fact that you brought it up, but that's unfortunately how it'll have to stay.

Pretty much agree with the above. It's an issue, but there's no real way to fix it besides being vigilant and staying away from teammates with primaries if possible if you don't want to be killed.

• Like 2
Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  3294

This was discussed two months ago here: https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88162

The JB team's decision:

Pretty much agree with the above. It's an issue, but there's no real way to fix it besides being vigilant and staying away from teammates with primaries if possible if you don't want to be killed.

On top of this, don't be that CT that will either mow the stack down or wait for each T to get it death-dropped to them and then kill them.

• Content Count:  3150

I always saw it as a common sense kind of thing. You should give someone the 1-2 seconds to drop the weapon suddenly thrown to them. In any other scenario you would...like saying to move or leave an area or freeze, you still give people time to react.

I always felt this scenario easier to deal with if the person didnt have auto swap on pickup, so then the gun is suddenly on their back.

Still doesnt really fix anything, as it would be shitty to have it only be KOS if the primary is equipped. In reality, if a CT is abusing a gun getting passed around I do think it could be argued as free killing. You're literally not giving someone time to react to a situation, and as with many other scenarios in JB, it requires some common sense and quick thinking to handle properly.

• Content Count:  272

If I know the T is clueless I'll wait for them to drop it, but giving them 3 seconds is way too long. The game mode is already so T-sided that giving them the slightest advantage in situations like these would allow good players to kill at least a couple CTs.

• Content Count:  712

Maybe you can add a plugin in which picking up a dropped weapon is "locked" for like 2-3 seconds before picking it up, this will probably give them enough time to leave the area and not be shot by the cts.

what if someone wants to pick a gun up

too unfair

Reply to Thread