? servers

? players online

TTT Proximity VC

• Content Count:  615

Make TTT proximity vc :)

but u can have like extra detectives with walkie talkies that can talk to other detectives

• Like 1
Edited by tides

• Content Count:  1583

Squeakers yelling louder to try and get KOSes out; admins unable to hear the micspam occuring on the other side of the map; no thank you. In a perfect world, I think this would be a good idea, but making TTT more T sided and all the other potential issues being caused, I just don't think it would be worth it.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  3294

Squeakers yelling louder to try and get KOSes out; admins unable to hear the micspam occuring on the other side of the map; no thank you. In a perfect world, I think this would be a good idea, but making TTT more T sided and all the other potential issues being caused, I just don't think it would be worth it.

It would make it more realistic though. In the murder mystery examples that come to mind, And then there were none and murder on the oriental express, they didn't have vast communication systems. It would make it harder, but it's already supposed to be T sided. I see the flaws with mic-spamming etc.. We could maybe call it, Extreme TTT (something along those lines). In this case, if it were an event, we'd have lots of admins everywhere stopping this from happening.

On top of what Gentoo said, I don't even think this is possible in CS:GO. It would be a gigantic mess.

This too, but maybe there's a way?

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1583

On top of what Gentoo said, I don't even think this is possible in CS:GO. It would be a gigantic mess.

CS:GO added a directional voice com setting a short while back that positions your teammates coms in a surround sound type scene based on their position on the map. I'm sure a plugin could be made to manipulate this into what tides is looking for, but I'm not entirely sure.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1671

The team talked about this for a bit, it seems like a really cool idea but this is something we're not looking for TTT. The game mode wouldn't really operate well with a voice proximity because of a few reasons: 1. This would lead to A LOT of people mainly calling kos's in chat rather than calling it in voice, people can see chat, people know who to kill... same with long distances, they see a person kill, see the name, kos in chat. 2. You people in TeamSpeak, Discord, Skype, whatever communication platform to negate all voice proximity because it doesn't affect them at all. TTT is more of an arcade-esc game mode where everyone needs to work and communicate together. I've never seen a TTT server have this because the game mode really isn't supposed to be extremely realistic and serious.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread