? servers

? players online

Automod for TTT and JB for rdm and fk?

• Content Count:  2668

I have no doubt the tech team are busy, but to my knowledge there is barely anyone from the tech team actively working on the new forums :p.

You're correct that not all of the tech team is actively working on it, but the ones who maintain the TTT plugin are the ones who are.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  2342

You're correct that not all of the tech team is actively working on it, but the ones who maintain the TTT plugin are the ones who are.

Thanks for clarifying :)

A lot of bans are situational and an automated system wouldn't be able to determine what was legitimate and what wasn't. Also if someone appealed one of these bans we'd have no way of defending if they actually freekilled or not since there would be no proof.

While point 1 holds true and is largely why an automod system can't be implemented, I imagine we could have recordings of each map similar to a demo bot, and every time someone is banned/punished a demo is saved of the round which admins can use to access and determine legitimacy. But again, point 1 is proof enough why an automod system wouldn't work on TTT and JB.

Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  2206

Thanks for clarifying :)

While point 1 holds true and is largely why an automod system can't be implemented, I imagine we could have recordings of each map similar to a demo bot, and every time someone is banned/punished a demo is saved of the round which admins can use to access and determine legitimacy. But again, point 1 is proof enough why an automod system wouldn't work on TTT and JB.

While in theory that works, how long do you think a CT who gets banned multiple times cause he knows what he's doing is going to continue to play on our server. Likewise we'd become the "server you get banned from for doing good" it's definitely possible and theres ways to get proof but I know if I got banned twice from a server because I know what Im doing I won't be coming back to that server a third time. Also the time it takes for someone to go look up the demo watch it and make a determination is unfair to the person who got banned because he's a good CT. Also what if he freekilled every single round before but the round that he got banned happened to be a legitimate kill. There is too much context involved that an automated system can't take into consideration.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1987

I don’t think it’s a good thing for either servers suggested. Yes there are people who rdm and freekill in both but then there’s also accidental rdms in TTT or ones that have actual eveidence, a system wouldn’t be able to register tbait from a player or false KOS’. Then there’s also the even of crossfire that happens, if the system could manage to register that then people could use that as an advantage to not get autobanned by killing people in quick succession along with a T. For JB just because a person doesn’t have a gun doesn’t mean they can’t be killed, there are several rules that you can be killed for in JB that does require having a gun and for what you’re thinking of won’t have a voice recognition part to it to notice orders delivered by the CTs. I believe this would be a bad idea to have in these servers. Yes it’s good to try and get rid of actual RDMers and FreeKillers but could cause a ban to the regular player for something that they could prove where they weren’t in the wrong but since the system would have a certain code it wouldn’t listen to them. The next thing you would say is “they can appeal the auto ban” but that could take some time for the player and they could lose interest in SGs servers. Don’t forget, there’s also the “!calladmin” function for the servers which alerts the admins of a player who isn’t following the rules properly and with enough people reporting the same person surely there’s an admin who’ll join and go undercover to observe the misbehaving player.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5108

I can speak for the JB side of this suggestion that we definitely aren't going to add something like this. There is no way to properly automate some sort of punishment system for freekilling on the server. Having it be based off the number of kills a CT gains wouldn't be a fair way to implement this anyway.

Going to have to reject this one.

Reply to Thread