? servers

? players online

Simon Says

• Content Count:  3294

Recently on Jailbreak, there's been a simon says trend going around that I don't think complies with the rules. I wasn't able to find exact rules for Simon Says, but I'm confident you're not supposed to overly confuse the T's. The new trend is when a CT says that they're simon, then tells them," Simon Says from now on you will call me/respond to Joker insteaad of Simon Says." Then, the CT says," THE Joker says (some simon says order)". He then proceeds to kill everyone that did the action, because he said "THE joker says", instead of just "Joker Says". I don't think this is allowed, and the player that does it most often has received warnings from an admin. However, his defense is that he's done it while other admins are online and they do not seem to have a problem with it.

Is this form of simon says allowed?

And what are the exact rules for voluntary LR's and simon says specifically.

• Content Count:  382

I don’t know why it should not be allowed the whole point of simon says is to confuse the players to make a mistake so they lose (and I love it cause only few people survive my simon says)

Edited by kennyy

• Content Count:  820

I’m not sure what you’re arguing here. The idea of changing Simon’s name or the “THE Joker” part. I find it completely fine if a Simon kills a T because he said THE Joker and not Joker. Two completely different names...

I guess changing Simon changing Simon’s name is somewhat controversial but Simon is allowed to give any reasonable order as the Simon...

• Like 1

• Content Count:  697

I see where you are coming from I too can see how this is a little unreasonable as they say "the joker says (order)" and in turn are also saying "joker says (order)" are there fore you should follow the order. But since it is an optional dwathgame and the rules aren't set in stone this technically should be allowed unless an ca or higher draws a line in the sand. But that will just go into a bunch of tiny scenarios and have over complicated rules that no one will remember or care about. This is a good area for admin discretion if an admin believes it is unreasonable they can take action and if they dont they leave it I feel that is what it should be left at as making rules around this wouldn't help.

There have been similar threads thread thread and ultimately is didnt get a rule change because of that fact.

• Like 1
Edited by Lokibelowkey

• Content Count:  3294

Thanks everyone for the clarity.

I’m not sure what you’re arguing here. The idea of changing Simon’s name or the “THE Joker” part. I find it completely fine if a Simon kills a T because he said THE Joker and not Joker. Two completely different names...

I guess changing Simon changing Simon’s name is somewhat controversial but Simon is allowed to give any reasonable order as the Simon...

This would be playing with words, which is really shitty for CT's and T's to do. It's like a CT saying for all the t's to bum rush medic, and then a T stands on the roof of medic. In this scenario, the T would get a warning shot, and then told off. I understand now that since it is a voluntary death game, the T's getting confused is allowed. Thanks again.

Reply to Thread