? servers

? players online

JailBreak After-Death Game Suggestion

• Content Count:  820

Found the plugin you guys are talking about

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2198357

Not sure how well it would work on JB but it’s worth a shot. Tweedle’s idea would be best as it would allow “ghosts” to watch the round play out but also leave if they want to go practice a secret or something... @Dominic @Manny any way we could implement this plugin?

The plugin is for surf servers, if there was a way we could make it work for us that would be great...

• Like 3
Edited by Tyymunk

• Content Count:  701

Yeah having !redie or a way of transportation as if you were a living person would be nice but it would have to be implemented to which it won't cause any gameplay disruptions which means no buttons, no door opening or closing, no blocking, no obstructing someone's view, no prop touching, etc. If there was a way we could do this and even respawn as a ghost that can't be seen by anyone but other ghosts, I would be 100% down.

I feel the same was as Noxstar if there was a way to have !redie but you respawn as a ghost and you don't block people and cant open doors and stuff then I would be 100% down but if not than i don't think anything else would be possible because you cant just add a thing where if you die you go to a 1v1 arena or deathmatch arena because you would have to change every single map on the rotation.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5674

Redie is a plugin we've tried previously. It had a bug where if a ghost stood inside of an alive player, another alive player couldn't knife them. Gunshots also did reduced damage when a ghost stood in front of a bullet. It's something I worked with @Noctember on for a little while before I abandoned the project to focus on other ones that were more of a concern at the time. It's definitely something we can look into again though and I think it's a good idea.

The idea in the OP might be possible but I think it'd be a bit more complicated and it might just not be a good fit for Jailbreak, but it's something the Jailbreak team and I can discuss.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3294

Found the plugin you guys are talking about

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2198357

Not sure how well it would work on JB but it’s worth a shot. Tweedle’s idea would be best as it would allow “ghosts” to watch the round play out but also leave if they want to go practice a secret or something... @Dominic @Manny any way we could implement this plugin?

The plugin is for surf servers, if there was a way we could make it work for us that would be great...

Was reading over the plugins future updates and saw this:

On its way:

!unredie - Takes you out of redie

Stopping ghosts from blocking knives

Spectating ghosts

This would help one of your problems @Dominic , but I don't know if it's updated or not (I added the guy on steam to speak to him about it).

• Like 3

• Content Count:  5674

Was reading over the plugins future updates and saw this:

On its way:

!unredie - Takes you out of redie

Stopping ghosts from blocking knives

Spectating ghosts

This would help one of your problems @Dominic , but I don't know if it's updated or not (I added the guy on steam to speak to him about it).

It's coming up on three years since that post has been edited, so I'm quite doubtful. Obviously if you still want to reach out to the guy, feel free to do so.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5108

This isn't a meritless idea to be completely honest, I'd personally like to take a further look into this but I do have my concerns with adding this to our server. Standby for an official response/decision.

Reply to Thread