? servers

? players online

Limited map pool past x time at night.

• Content Count:  5375

I think it would be a good idea to have a secondary map pool that ran past a certain time at night (can be determined through analyzing gametracker data) where the only maps available are maps that can sustain or increase our dwindling population late at night instead of having 75% of the server leave because a map like shapeshifter or another huge map that's relatively new gets spammed on by being option 4.

I think that it would be a good step towards maintaining late night population if we played only the more popular maps.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  824

I feel like this could be a really good idea and keep the late night population alive. At night, because most of the more favored maps have already been played and have a cool down, a less favored map is normally voted for, like the example of shapeshifter which delirium gave, which will kill off the population that is already low due to it being late.

• Content Count:  2342

This is a great idea! Hope this gets implemented! @Dominic please take a look at this! @Manny @eXtr3m3 you guys too! I was wondering why we would need this as only popular maps would get voted but @delirium kindly pointed out that people fat-finger the closest button to WASD when voting resulting in unpopular maps like shapeshifter being played! Really good suggestion!

• Like 1
Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  169

this is definitely a cool idea, but I think a better thing to do would be to increase the map pool, aswell as removing clones of maps and (ex. 2 versions of spyvspy). This would be a good change imo, since a lot of the time I feel like jb is just playing the same 5 maps, 2 of which are the same map.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.