? servers

? players online

PSA: Rules have to be said BEFORE an LR is accepted

• Content Count:  449

So recently, I have seen this fake news being propagated throughout the server that for something like gun toss, rules can be said after an LR is accepted. This is FALSE. Rules should be said by the ts before an LR is accepted, and if the ct accepts the LR then the CT MUST follow the rules given by the T. The JB team is currently discussing a possible rule for when rules are not said before lrs are accepted and what the precedent should be when that occurs.

I just wanted to reiterate that rules need to be said BEFORE and lr is accepted for it to be valid and binding.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  590

This is always a reoccurring problem. This should be added to !rules because this is constant arguing with this rule and people don’t actually know that this is the real rule.

• Content Count:  1103

I have also seen people saying that "Oh, I NEVER said you had to throw it before hitting the ground," then they jump off big cage (using this for example) and run to the wall and throw it to the ground. This honestly gets annoying and I think there should be a rule against it

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

I have also seen people saying that "Oh, I NEVER said you had to throw it before hitting the ground," then they jump off big cage (using this for example) and run to the wall and throw it to the ground. This honestly gets annoying and I think there should be a rule against it

That's just the fault of the T. However, something me and @Auto use is "Regular Auto gun-toss rules" and it works out for us. If we could set up a norm for gun-toss that would be cool. Then, t's could say "regular gun-toss rules minus x y and z" and edit their lr accordingly.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  22

I agree with ZZL, but because of this, there should be an exception to guntoss in the LR rules. Guntoss is a ton more complex than a knife fight, s4s, rps, or a no scope battle. In gun toss you have to pick a location, a direction, and rules on throwing it, such as being able to knife it mid air. In the other LRs (other than rps) the only rule that is common knowledge is not being able to heal, and in s4s, you cant knife the other person. I do not believe this should be more complicated than it needs to be, if you try to set a standard guntoss, this will be extremely difficult and complicated because of all the variables. If you are able to make this work, that would be nice, if not I have an idea. In order to makes this as simple as possible, I personally think guntoss rules should be allowed to said after LR request. I have a few reasons to make this request, of course the main reason is that its complicated and its different every map, so its pretty hard to make a common rule. The second reason is that when told to LR, you have a time limit to do so, you have to be quick about doing this because many people are trigger happy and what if you are not provided the time to explain everything, which is usually the case. With this comes a couple examples, such as people without mics, their time is only an average of 15 seconds to type in a few sentences, that doesn't seem fair, since many cts do not read chat when they type "I'm typing rules" or they do not care if they are typing rules since they went passed the time to give LR and they already got a warning shot. Even with a mic, when told to do LR, others are also explaining rules on their mic, and guntoss rules take a significant amount of time to tell unlike the others, usually this isn't a major problem, however they may get talked over so they have to wait till people stop talking, and again, trigger happy cts will kill them, even when saying "I'm trying to explain rules." Please consider my exception to the LR rule and make the guntoss policy (of telling rules after LR request) into the real rules. However I'm fine with the other LRs to be rules before request. thank you for reading and have a wonderful day.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  367

That’s no one’s fault except for the CTs if they don’t say that then the T and CT are able to do it. And if the t does it and the CT doesn’t, then it’s the CT’s fault.

Saying, “Auto’s rules” is not a valid rule. A CT could be new and not know or a CT might not even know who Auto is.

Honestly, people make it harder for themselves then it already is. So just say your rules before you LR, tell them where the gun toss will take place, and that’s it.The CT has to throw it the general direction the T throws it because it will mess up the distance system implemented into the Gun Toss LR.

Or just make a bind of your rules than LR. It’s really simple.

Edited by Uno

• Content Count:  2342

That’s no one’s fault except for the CTs if they don’t say that then the T and CT are able to do it. And if the t does it and the CT doesn’t, then it’s the CT’s fault.

Saying, “Auto’s rules” is not a valid rule. A CT could be new and not know or a CT might not even know who Auto is.

Honestly, people make it harder for themselves then it already is. So just say your rules before you LR, tell them where the gun toss will take place, and that’s it.The CT has to throw it the general direction the T throws it because it will mess up the distance system implemented into the Gun Toss LR.

Or just make a bind of your rules than LR. It’s really simple.

Or... if no rules are spoken just play gun toss how it's meant to be played. If you accept a gun toss it's assumed you know how to play with the standard ruleset of "person who throws it farthest before hitting the ground wins". For example, you're Uno right? If you ask a buddy to play Uno with you and he starts taking cards of the deck and stacking every single +4 card onto you you're going to say "What the fuck bro? That's not how you play Uno". Same thing with gun toss. Just because rules aren't spoken doesn't mean no rules are in place. If you want to have extra rules state them before you accept the LR request.

@Error

• Like 1

• Content Count:  367

Or... if no rules are spoken just play gun toss how it's meant to be played. If you accept a gun toss it's assumed you know how to play with the standard ruleset of "person who throws it farthest before hitting the ground wins". For example, you're Uno right? If you ask a buddy to play Uno with you and he starts taking cards of the deck and stacking every single +4 card onto you you're going to say "What the fuck bro?". Same thing with gun toss. Just because rules aren't spoken doesn't mean no rules are in place. If you want to have extra rules state them before you accept the LR request.

@Error

And that’s when all hell breaks loose.

If there are no rules given, the players never do that.

If so, they say “YOU HAVE TO DO IT LIKE HOW I DID” and the argument begins on how no rules and so on and so on..

• Content Count:  1952

And that’s when all hell breaks loose.

If there are no rules given, the players never do that.

If so, they say “YOU HAVE TO DO IT LIKE HOW I DID” and the argument begins on how no rules and so on and so on..

"Now that's where your wrong". If the player is doing shit so deviated from the point of the game then they not even doing the gun toss, hence the cheating part. Rules before are only general things you want add on, the rest is a given i.e gun furthest wins, go in a certain direction, and throw before you land eitherwise it will be a gun DROP rather than a gun TOSS. (This is for a new thread tho). No rules means no EXTRA rules given like no rocket tossing or knifing it, and I don't know where the shit came from about shooting the gun while it's in the air or on the ground, that shit is blatant cheating and I'm gonna make a thread on that too.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  22

"Now that's where your wrong". If the player is doing shit so deviated from the point of the game then they not even doing the gun toss, hence the cheating part. Rules before are only general things you want add on, the rest is a given i.e gun furthest wins, go in a certain direction, and throw before you land eitherwise it will be a gun DROP rather than a gun TOSS. (This is for a new thread tho). No rules means no EXTRA rules given like no rocket tossing or knifing it, and I don't know where the shit came from about shooting the gun while it's in the air or on the ground, that shit is blatant cheating and I'm gonna make a thread on that too.

ok so to my understanding, the default rules for guntoss are "throw it before you hit the ground, no knifing it, not rocket toss. This while throwing it the same direction the T does." so this means that the "state rules before LR" rule does not apply to location and direction? if this is the case, I will be so happy since this solves all issues in the guntoss problem

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.