? players online

Should we add retakes back?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add retakes back?

• Yes
    • No

Retake Server?

• Content Count:  820

So in the last few weeks, a ton of other regulars and I have been having a blast on the retake event server (to the point where it is often full and people are in queue) and I really just have to ask: Why not make it a server again?

I wasn't here for the last time we had a dedicated retake server so I can't really comment on how well it has done in the past but I think would bring in a few new players and regulars, and provide another server for current regulars to spend their time on...

If you are someone who played on the old retake server and has any input, please post it! Thanks!

• Like 4

• Content Count:  590

This should definitely become permanent. Retakes can attract a whole new community to SG and could be extremely beneficial to the server as a whole. It’s very fun to play with friends but can also be taken very serious, @Error. I’m definitely on board with this becoming a permanent game mode. Let’s see it happen!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

In terms of regulars actively playing the server, it's more of a novelty. If it were to be added as a server, most regulars would forget about it. It also will likely fail to rival the fidelity and features of other retake servers, as can be seen by our FFA server, which is successful, but comparatively smoked by other FFA servers.

• Like 3
Edited by Gentoo

• Content Count:  820

In terms of regulars actively playing the server, it's more of a novelty. If it were to be added as a server, most regulars would forget about it. It also will likely fail to rival the fidelity and features of other retake servers, as can be seen by our FFA server, which is successful, but comparatively smoked by other FFA servers.

I understand where you're coming from. It may not be the best retake server out there, however it has been relatively successful with our regulars so far... It may not always be populated, but the same can be said for our scrim server. I don't see the problem in adding a fun server that hasn't been really tried in about a year for our new regulars that didn't have the experience in 2017 to have fun on (as well as bring in possible regulars and subscribers)...

• Content Count:  1009

I think it should not be a permanent server so I don’t get flamed every time I even hover my mouse over connect

Other than that it’s a great server

• Content Count:  367

I don’t really see a reason to take it out. The whole community including myself loved the retake server. Especially when Tyymunk and I just go back and forth winning and losing..

So pretty much, make it a permanent server.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11723

No sense wasting resources and time for a server that will die within weeks. (IMO but last time proves a point)

You need dedicated members, admins to seed and fill said server.

When Xeno made a Gmod TTT server everyone said they would play it and help populate it.

No one played it and it died.

Same will happen to retakes IF you lose the "SG" player base.

@delirium Is a prime example of how to really jump start a server (Casual iirc)

He promoted the shit out of the server, always tried to get people playing.

But once the hype dies down (Minecraft, Retakes, Casual etc) these servers die unless you have a constant SG playerbase.

Keep it as an event, BMGT or BWGT.

• Like 3
Edited by Metal

• Content Count:  2206

This has happened so many times just for it to fizzle out quickly I cant even explain. Napalm multiple times when it came back, gungame, TF2, casual servers in both source and csgo, Gmod ttt and rp, the list goes on. There's no evidence to support that just because this was popular right now that it will continue to hold any kind of value. I'd say keep it as an event server as people will just get bored by next month and it will be dead. I'm not against or for making it a permanent server but I've seen this happen so many times in 10 years that I don't personally believe it's worth the trouble.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread