? servers

? players online

Recording Demos in Community servers

• Content Count:  1009

As some of you may know, with the new update coming in 2 days ago. They made it to where you have to record demos at the beginning of the round. With community servers, it does not work. My question is what will happen? Knowing over 50% of the players and how they make player complaints, it's with a demo. Some alternatives could be use OBS or some other screen recording application. Yea that can solve it but, really if the person cannot afford to download the recording software then how are they going to file player complaints?

• Content Count:  820

Until there is a solution for this, I would suggest players to use the !calladmin command as much as possible. Or if you have an admin friended on Steam, message them or post in shoutbox “hey can we get an admin on JB” or something...

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1009

OBS is free along with plays.tv I believe

OBS is free, Not sure about plays.tv, im talking about either their computer doesn't support the type for example, It too old or slow to run it not cost wise, maybe they don't have storage for it etc

• Content Count:  1382

May I link you to this fabulous recording guide I have made to free alternatives to recording such as shadowplay and OBS, a tutorial to set it up and how to use it. Other than that I think there'll be a solution to this demo problem soon, it's just with that smoke bug that people have been abusing this is just what Valve is using (hopefully) for now.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread