? servers

? players online

Freedays

• Content Count:  3294

Special orders have to be given over mic, but freedays don't. This leads to chas and confusion when one toxic CT wants to be toxic, and gets multiple CT's killed. I understand a CT being able to give FD over mic if they're the last CT (or if there are only a few people on) would make sense, but I rather take that sacrifice over the dozens of times myself and other CT's have died to this.

• Content Count:  701

I feel that cts having to give freedays over the mic would not be a good thing for the server as some/most of the cts don't have a mic, and if they do they might not feel comfortable talking on their mic so they use chat. You can't just make someone step out of their comfort zone to do something. Although i have died to this alot if someone gives a freeday in chat you can always revoke it, or you can say All t's freeze. There is multiple ways of getting out of the situation.

• Like 1
Edited by Bacon

I feel that cts having to give freedays over the mic would not be a good thing for the server as some/most of the cts don't have a mic, and if they do they might not feel comfortable talking on their mic so they use chat. You can't just make someone step out of their comfort zone to do something. Although i have died to this alot if someone gives a freeday in chat you can always revoke it, or you can say All t's freeze. There is multiple ways of getting out of the situation.

Right, but by the time we say freeze or something the T's and CT who gave the order have done their damage. Also, CT's can ALWAYS ask another CT to give an order (special order) on mic.

Right, but by the time we say freeze or something the T's and CT who gave the order have done their damage. Also, CT's can ALWAYS ask another CT to give an order (special order) on mic.

Another alternate way you can avoid this is not putting yourself in these situations, position yourself so that the you are close to a secret or near an area that is restricted in the freeday order /kos area. Yes they can ask to give an order on mic but that doesn't mean that they have to give the order on mic they can still type it out.

Another alternate way you can avoid this is not putting yourself in these situations, position yourself so that the you are close to a secret or near an area that is restricted in the freeday order /kos area. Yes they can ask to give an order on mic but that doesn't mean that they have to give the order on mic they can still type it out.

I shouldn't have to alter my gamestyle to constantly be thinking of a CT who might randomly say "freeday". We shouldn't choose to let something that causes chaos and confusion stay in the game, especially when we CAN put a stop to it.

I shouldn't have to alter my gamestyle to constantly be thinking of a CT who might randomly say "freeday". We shouldn't choose to let something that causes chaos and confusion stay in the game, especially when we CAN put a stop to it.

What im trying to say is this would just make things even more complicated. I don't think that people should have to use their mic to give a freeday i think that this would make even more chaos not only for us admin because we would have to enforce it but also people would say he gave a freeday then complain because they got killed "for no reason" then making the server even more chaos.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  824

While I understand what you're getting at Bacon, I feel like i side with ZZL on this one mainly for the chaos reason. When regular cts are giving orders, there's always that one ct who types freeday in chat, without the other cts seeing, which causes distraction and confusion. Also, when there's a ct that does not notice that another ct typed out to give a fd, they might end up freekilling due to not noticing. I know you may say "they should be paying attention to chat" towards that, but not every ct does, also for the reason that they might be focused more on keeping the prisoners in line. If freedays had to be given over mic, I do not see a way there could chaos or confusion.

While I understand what you're getting at Bacon, I feel like i side with ZZL on this one mainly for the chaos reason. When regular cts are giving orders, there's always that one ct who types freeday in chat, without the other cts seeing, which causes distraction and confusion. Also, when there's a ct that does not notice that another ct typed out to give a fd, they might end up freekilling due to not noticing. I know you may say "they should be paying attention to chat" towards that, but not every ct does, also for the reason that they might be focused more on keeping the prisoners in line. If freedays had to be given over mic, I do not see a way there could chaos or confusion.

If they don't pay attention to chat and die because of it or freekill then get slayed thats their fault because they didn't read chat. This same situation happened a few minutes ago and someone typed freeday in chat we all ran out and a ct killed us and didn't see the freeday part and got slayed. What you guys are suggesting right now is basically that to give a freeday you have to have a mic. Any CT should be able to give a freeday and some cant afford mics or just haven't bought one. If this got implemented where you had to use your mic to give a freeday then alot of people wouldn't play ct and those people that don't have mics would get punished for not having a mic or not being able to afford one. The same thing happens when people with a mic say freeday everyone starts rebelling and the round ends quickly. There is no way to control every possible outcome in this situation.

• Like 1

Changing my opinion lol

I thought it over today at the beach, and CT chaos is what's good on JB. You'll always have a T rebelling, and killing them as a CT isn't that big of a deal since they're unarmed. However, being able to control a whole server after a CT sabotages is what makes you a good CT. Thanks @Bacon. Any CA+ can close this thread/make it answered if they feel so.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  824

Changing my opinion lol

I thought it over today at the beach, and CT chaos is what's good on JB. You'll always have a T rebelling, and killing them as a CT isn't that big of a deal since they're unarmed. However, being able to control a whole server after a CT sabotages is what makes you a good CT. Thanks @Bacon. Any CA+ can close this thread/make it answered if they feel so.

Who wants to think about jb at the beach?

• Like 2

Reply to Thread