? servers

? players online

Events Team?

• Content Count:  1583

The events Team description is essentially to design, organize, and execute events with the help of CAs and ATs, but I was curious if you guys had a more in depth Team mission or objective to your events.

The ideal goal of events Team, to me at least, would be something along the lines of creating events that will draw server regulars into the community and tighten the bond between active members of the community.

It seems that the current orientation of events has been closer targeted towards giving active members an endorsed outlet to play games together outside the servers. I may have missed my assessment completely, or maybe that's what the Events Team was going for all along. However, if the team does seek to make more meaningful and impactful events, I have some suggestions and I'd like your guys' input.

Prez mentioned previously that the Events Team would be focusing on making more events outside of our current servers. I feel that this decreases the chances of someone who is not active on the forums or within the community of attending events. Server events offer the opportunity for regulars to accidentally attend and enjoy events, but I understand if the Events Team doesn't wish to obstruct the play of those who want to enjoy the gamemode in vanilla too often.

This being said, I feel the Events Team can still be successful using non-server Events, but I feel that they should be more open to suggestions and considerate of what different games have to offer. Games that are niche, cost money, or have a steep learning curve should be considered less for events than games that are free-to-play and friendly to new players. I'm glad that there is an Events Suggestion subforum, but I think this could be covered more effectively with a few polls asking what games people own/play and what they would like to see events for.

I think that a good example of what an event could be is the SG Open. CS:GO is free-to-play and actively played by most members of this community (duh). On the servers, I've seen many people talk about the Open and invite their friends, who don't frequent the forums/Teamspeak, to join the open. This is reflected in the sign ups thread, and will ultimately get players to make friends with or at least meet people in the community from different servers and in staff positions.

One thing that may help tremendously with event turnout would be the addition of Events to the server Splash Announcements. Letting players on the servers know upcoming events and where to find details would get non-Forum users to join the forums or show up to events.

I don't want to put down any Events Team members, because you guys have put in loads of effort and it doesn't go unappreciated. I just feel that a outlining a goal is one of the most important steps to being successful, and I feel that this may not be something that has been done very thoroughly. If I'm just missing the point, feel free to let me know, but I really think Events Team could be used as a tool to push this community forward and closer together.

I'm at work so some of my fluency of ideas is probably shit. I might edit it later if I'm not lazy, but let me know if you have trouble understanding anything.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  5375

I agree with the MOTD or splash pages idea, but, I think that the way it was designed was for it to be focusing on games outside of CSGO. The idea behind making 'CA' a primary rank again was twofold; A) prepare people to eventually take over for ATs when they bite the dust, and, B) have people dedicated to representing a server and actively helping their managers grow their respective servers through communicating that particular server's playerbase's wishes. Including but not limited to rule discussion, idea generation, and events.

So while I don't personally mind the events team helping out here and there with server events, I would personally prefer if they were essentially scouting out potential new servers in other games for our community to grow into and in turn continue to thrive/survive as valve has show many times over the course of this game that they don't give a fuck about community servers.

• Like 3
Edited by idealist

• Content Count:  11723

I agree with the MOTD or splash pages idea, but, I think that the way it was designed was for it to be focusing on games outside of CSGO. The idea behind making 'CA' a primary rank again was twofold; A) prepare people to eventually take over for ATs when they bite the dust, and, B) have people dedicated to representing a server and actively helping their managers grow their respective servers through communicating that particular server's playerbase's wishes. Including but not limited to rule discussion, idea generation and events.

So while I don't personally mind the events team helping out here and there with server events, I would personally prefer if they were essentially scouting out potential new servers in other games for our community to grow into and in turn continue to thrive/survive as valve has show many times over the course of this game that they don't give a fuck about community servers.

I would have to agree.

A great example would the the End Game TTT events.

Events on our main servers should be up to the CA's, AT's.

The events team does focus outside of CSGO often but I don't see that being an issue.

Player count for these events can vary and that is what they struggle with.

But the motd/Splash page sounds like a great idea.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread