? servers

? players online

Question of the day 5/18/19

• Content Count:  639

What are your thoughts on humans testing products on other animals (Potentially killing them or damaging them for life)? The world we have today is partially credited to this technique. What say you?

I honestly don't care much for animal experimentation. If it enables the development of safer products for humans, by all means, experiment with other animals.

Send me question ideas :)

• Content Count:  127

well, half of the shit that has been done on animals has 100% benefited us in the end. yes, I hate to see animals who have done nothing killed or damaged for the name of science, but without these experiments, medicine, technology even may not be where it's at today. but they really gotta find a different way and not harm the animals

Edited by taran

• Content Count:  11723

well, half of the shit that has been done on animals has 100% benefited us in the end. yes, I hate to see animals who have done nothing killed or damaged for the name of science, but without these experiments, medicine, technology even may not be where it's at today. but they really gotta find a different way and not harm the animals

The same can be said about the Nazis and Japanese.

The knowledge we got from them has helped us but the argument towards it was should we use what we learned from them since it was from evil deeds and acts.

At the end of the day, you are correct.

+1

• Content Count:  1583

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

-Genesis 1:26

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11723

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

-Genesis 1:26

Shit man, Something the bible got right.

• Content Count:  382

It does seem cruel but all this testing is for something like maybe finding a cure(just example), if we didn't test it on animals or humans then our species would be decades behind and we would be like animals because we couldn't know for sure if the product worked.

• Content Count:  272

I mean we do learn a lot. It may be cruel but it's a necessary evil...right?

It isn't exactly necessary. While we have learned a lot and it has benefited society in the past, there are new ways to test these things. I had a debate topic in my AP Gov class where we had to choose a topic to debate with another group and mine happened to be on abolishing testing on animals. I happened to be on the Pro side of this argument even though I didn't really care in the beginning. After reading in to it, there are many ways to test things that doesn't involve animals. For example, cell cultures can be created by scientists to test products, as well as donated human tissue, even if it is not 100% healthy. Also, the use of cervical cancer cells has been used to test products. Another method is the use of computer simulations. All of these methods are cheaper and more humane than animal testing. A lot of people probably don't know about these methods and believe testing on animals is the best solution to finding cures and things, but its not exactly cost effective. A lot of the products tested don't even make it to consumers and animal cells are slightly different from human cells. These small differences can mean a world of different effects on people.

TL;DR animal testing can be replaced with a variety of methods that are cheaper and more effective. Animal testing is a thing of the past and we should move on to more modern and effective strategies.

Reply to Thread