? servers

? players online

Help me fix my voice.

• Content Count:  1799

Hello there,

Recently I have become a victim of bullying because of my awful mic quality. I've tested it in a private session while I was recovering from said bullying and yes, it's awful. Currently in the market for a standalone mic since I already have a good headset. Would be appreciated on tips whether or not to get an armstand or just have it mounted on a desk stand, an armstand would be pretty cool but then I would have to put in the effort of setting it up, however, a desk stand would get in the way of me being able to game and eat simultaneously.

To be honest, I just want anything, really just considering anything from a blue yeti to whatever. I suppose my budget is about $250 but less is always more favorable. I just need a mic where I can have a conversation without getting bulleyed. Please help. Thank you :)

• Like 5
Edited by Manny

• Content Count:  319

I don't know Manny. It might just be your fucking obnoxious voice, but if you really need a mic to think you will sound better, this might help you. It's also on sale right now!!!

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1799

I believe you're looking for something like this. Thank me later.

I don't know Manny. It might just be your fucking obnoxious voice, but if you really need a mic to think you will sound better, this might help you. It's also on sale right now!!!

I have a feeling none of you took the time to fully read to post.Reapply.

I've edited my post and highlighted my price range is RED.

Edited by Manny

• Content Count:  1583

though since of the outstanding similarity you both share.

Nice.

Ahh I thought we were talkin 250-300 Big Macs yknow? Since you've made it clear that you're a broke boi, are you planning on producing any type of content? If you're using this purely for TS and in game, the Blue Yeti and snowball are both viable options. I recently purchased the HyperX Quadcast, which features sleek design, an adjustable gain nob, mute feature, and 5 selectable modes. What I find may put people off from this mic is the lack of significant shock absorption (even with the stock shock mount) and it's knack of picking up background noise such as keyboard clicks (even in cardioid mode).

About desk vs arm stands: I use a 60% keyboard so I have no problem fitting my mic between my keyboard and mouse pad on a relatively small desk and angle the mic towards my face. This results in more sound being picked up by the mic when anything hits my desk or when I'm typing. An arm will be better at weeding out unwanted background noise and will give you the freedom to position the mic wherever you want it, but this comes with the trade-off of often having a bottom portion of your screen covered by the mic in most positions.

• Like 1
Edited by Gentoo

• Content Count:  1103

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Yeti-USB-Microphone-Silver/dp/B002VA464S

If you are looking for a good mic, here it is

USB mic (no XLRs, plug n play)

Has different modes (check the box when it comes in)

EDIT: here's the same mic but just a different color but for $100

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Yeti-USB-Microphone-Silver/dp/B014PYGYRE?th=1

• Like 1
Edited by Error.
adding stuffies

• Content Count:  729

you can easily just get anyone of those headset from gamestop for 100 dollars or go to best buy. it doesn't really have to be good as long as you can talk in game

Reply to Thread