? servers

? players online

Question of the day 5/17/19

• Content Count:  639

Your favorite Jersey degenerate is back :)

Are Cell Phones Taking Control Of Our Personal Relationships?

Think about it: In terms of romantic relationships, back in the 50's where technology wasn't advancing and individuals who wanted to pursue romance in their lives had to go out of their way and see their significant other in person. Both figures would go working a standard 8 hours per day and come home to someone they loved (w/o communicating with them while working). Nowadays, it's SO easy to find out what someone's up to which degrades the appreciation for that person because of the daily communication every day. Imo, this probably is why hookups are more common than ever. Thoughts?

*If this question doesn't make any sense, I apologize. I thought of this post at 2 AM after late night 'shenanigans'.

Send me question of the day ideas :)

• Like 5

• Content Count:  820

I find it to be the exact opposite actually.

Yes, phones may distract us from a relationship but think of all the good they do too. You mentioned how they can connect a couple who may work and can’t communicate until they get home. Well now they can. Phones have become an extremely important tool in helping people find relationships through the use of of websites or apps .Whether it be Tinder, Grinder @Noxstar, or Black People Meet... all of these help people find relationships quickly and without having to spend hours of their day going out to hopefully find the right person. IMO, I agree they can be a huge distraction and may draw away from the intimate connection two people feel, but the good of phones outweighs the bad.

Edited by Tyymunk

• Content Count:  127

Yes, phones may distract us from a relationship but think of all the good they do too. You mentioned how they can connect a couple who may work and can’t communicate until they get home. Well now they can. Phones have become an extremely important tool in helping people find relationships through the use of of websites or apps .Whether it be Tinder, Grinder (@Noxstar), or Black People Meet... all of these help people find relationships quickly and without having to spend hours of their day going out to hopefully find the right person. IMO, I agree they can be a huge distraction and may draw away from the intimate connection two people feel, but the good of phones outweighs the bad.

This is very true too as sometimes couples couldn't ever contact one another because of their schedules, but with phones and technology you can have a video chat, or text someone whenever you wanted. With the boost of technology also brought along more relationships as you can meet people you would of never met in tons of different states. I like technology, and think it's helped relationships evolve more.

• Content Count:  1952

Yes, phones may distract us from a relationship but think of all the good they do too. You mentioned how they can connect a couple who may work and can’t communicate until they get home. Well now they can. Phones have become an extremely important tool in helping people find relationships through the use of of websites or apps .Whether it be Tinder, Grinder @Noxstar, or Black People Meet... all of these help people find relationships quickly and without having to spend hours of their day going out to hopefully find the right person. IMO, I agree they can be a huge distraction and may draw away from the intimate connection two people feel, but the good of phones outweighs the bad.

I dont see phones as a positive, it's one of the reasons to why my grades drop and mainly causes addiction. Now the grade dropping is direct correlation to addiction but it also gets in the way of sleep and addiction with phones is really common. Relationships or not, it's a big source of problems and only used for occasional entertainment and contacting others. I personally feel as if phones are being abused and when I was in a relationship, phone usage wasn't that great since we would actually go OUTSIDE. Phones were meant for communication and that only. Adding entertainment and self temptation causes addiction and generally outweighs the good parts of a phone.

Now for the actual question, no, phones don't take away from a personal relationship. They are meant for communication, while texting is an exception it's a great way to contact your "partner". If you're those drama queens/kings fuckboys and all, yeah that's when problems start happening, this usually is caused over social media and drama getting in the way of how we view each other. I honestly dislike social media but I don't think phones are the main takeaway

• Content Count:  729

couples will probably most likely enjoy phone sex instead of real intercourse

Reply to Thread