? servers

? players online

ct mic fix 2019

• Content Count:  930

Will never happen, No way to know if someone has a mic or Not....

I guess if it was up to Admin, which i believe it already is they can just switch them.

• Content Count:  361

There's no point to this really, if you can't be bothered to take five seconds to read chat I don't know what to tell you. JB even specifically has a command for chat based FO IIRC.

• Content Count:  1583

What do you guys think of implementing a simple command that allows CTs to type !o or /o in front of chat orders? This could allow the orders to be printed as a toast message (like during !fo) as well as in chat, in case anyone misses it. Chat orders are allowed on our server, and meant to be followed, so it only makes sense to make them more visible to players. It wouldn't be terribly obtrusive, but would be considerably more noticeable. There are several issues with chat commands, but a large portion of these are caused by just how spammed chat is (non-order messages, join/leave/team notifications, suicide notifications, splash announcements, etc.). This causes many players to ignore chat altogether for the majority of rounds as they are focused on play. Having an option for toast message chat orders would cause players to be much more cognizant of chat orders, and alert fellow CTs of active chat orders. While you could make the argument that this could easily be abused, it is relatively unobtrusive, and would already be covered by our spam rules. Additionally, rules covering racism and non-orders as toasts could be added to keep players in check.

• Content Count:  367

you should really make it to where all ct's have to have mic it's kinda getting tired of being killed because ct's don't have a mic and you don't look at the order.

Yes, it is annoying that a CT gives an order that is not on mic and you miss it. This has been brought up before in the SG community. But it is not fair to players that want to join CT but don’t have a mic. Most of us feel you, but it is not fair to people that don’t have mics that want to play CT.

• Content Count:  1103

I understand it's annoying. But its rarely a problem (at least for me). Sure, yes, its annoying when a CT without a mic is giving orders but i don't think there needs to be a rule that restricts players without mics from joining CT. As Tyymunk said, players can play just fine on CT without a mic and still enforce orders, give orders, and be able to play the CT role in JB well.

Edited by Error.

• Content Count:  382

It might be annoying but just look in chat, if some people don’t have mics they should still be able to play ct, heck there are admins without mics that do fine with giving commands because people look at the chat

Reply to Thread