? servers

? players online

prices

• Content Count:  127

And your solution was to purchase VIP. Working as intended IMO.

yup. it made me want to donate to the sever, not only for the credit boost but to support the servers as well. but as stated before, not everyone can spare the cash, sure it's cheap but everyone has a different situation, and cheap could be different for everyone. someone else out there probably enjoys having cosmetics, and wants to rep them but can't because of this such steep expense. i also stated that this may not be a viable option for this server as it is a business, so i understand you

now, with the idea of this "to promote play time", etc i get it. this does promote play time, but for some people could also do the opposite. sure 99% aren't gonna stop playing the servers and have stop having fun just because of steep credit prices. but why not just add credits per kill to the servers that have a lot of killing in the server. this not only promotes more playtime as now there is something to work towards, but this ultimately appeals to all types of players, either if they care about credits or not, it makes everyone happy in the end and that's whats important. this allows everyone to enjoy the servers to the max potential, and all of the features presented in said servers.

If you have any sort of activity you'll earn credits rather quickly, even if you're not a subscriber. A regular player can easily save up for a 20k item within a couple of days, even less than that depending on if you grind.

a normal player would have to play for a little under 7 days to earn 20k. grind grind grind, but then after that purchase, the grind begins again which can become tiresome for some, but a very true point either way

• Content Count:  361

a normal player would have to play for a little under 7 days to earn 20k. grind grind grind, but then after that purchase, the grind begins again which can become tiresome for some, but a very true point either way

Cosmetics are the carrot, not the stick. I don't understand why you'd play the game if you don't enjoy it.

Cosmetics are the carrot, not the stick. I don't understand why you'd play the game if you don't enjoy it.

never meant to state it the way u interpreted. im trying to say only for credits, and shop aspect. i don't mind the grind, and i bet many people don't.

im only just trying to help out the members and hopefully lower the prices/add a way to get credits faster

Edited by taran

• Content Count:  11501

people should be able to enjoy all the cosmetics without having to change their tag, or donate to the server.

Absolutely, completely, and 100% incorrect.

While we tend to be relaxed, have fun, and provide a place for people to bullshit and hang out - make no mistake that this is still a business. We are able to stay open and operate because we sell things. This is why I honestly hate the term 'donate' - because it's really not a donation. While there are definitely some people who would give and expect nothing in return, that is not the case for 97% of the money received here. You (as in the general public here) are paying for a service / virtual items - you are not donating just to donate. I still have to pay fees and taxes on everything that comes in here - we are completely for profit. This ship has almost sunk several times throughout the 13 years it's been here, and each time has been because we relied on a purely donation based system - or something similar, such as providing a ton of benefits for very little.

I'm not trying to take a 12 year old's lunch money, and I don't do this to get rich, by any means. I live an extremely comfortable life already, and there have been times where I have had to dip out of my own pocket to cover some expenses back when we were hurting and I was just taking over. At the end of the day, I have to look at this place ultimately like a business. I apply a three month rule usually in my head, meaning I like to have at least three months of ALL of our expenses saved up, tucked away, before even touching any type of additional things. Selling virtual items and credits is how this place stays alive. Capitalism is a savage jungle.

To address your main point: no, there will probably not be a reduction in prices. While we may do it from time-to-time to reflect an event or possibly someone points out a logistical error in pricing, it is by no means a standard. You are not entitled to enjoy any of our virtual items here - I'm not saying that to be a bad person or because it brings me pleasure denying online internet video game cosmetics to teenagers...it's because it's the harsh reality.

Also, for those who might be interested, stay tuned for another possible subscription tier to be released soon. I've been wanting to do another one above VIP for the past few years, but it hasn't been easy logistically. But I'm going to put out a thread soon to sort of gain some feelers on if people would be interested.

• Like 14

Reply to Thread