? servers

? players online

prices

• Content Count:  127

specifically:mg, haven't really played the other servers as i find mg only fun but it should apply to all servers i think, dunno if prices are differnet

imo, the prices on the store is a bit overpriced for normal players. sure this is probably designed to make people want to donate to earn more credits, but it's almost forced? normal players only get 2 credits a minute, thats 120 credits in an hour. it would take a full day to get only close to 3000 which that isn't even enough to buy a mask. i do get the idea behind the whole making it expensive so people buy the ranks, but, it's almost a bit too much. maybe it's just me but im looking out for those people who cant spare the money but still want to get credits.

some ways that i have seen servers fix this is by awarding credits per kill. per kill you would get x amount of credits, which in return helped the normal players still get credits without having to donate for a server rank. this could work for MG, TTT even that have quite a bit of killing.

you could also simply just lower the prices, but as a business i understand why this wouldn't be a viable option really. this could work for JB, etc as they don't really have much killing.

edit another viable option would to add credit gifting! i don't understand why this already isn't on the server, but it could possibly help with new players earning credits.

would love to hear your feedback on this, and hopefully help out those people who can't spare the money to donate to the server.

• Like 1
Edited by taran

• Content Count:  5375

Wear the sg reg and mem tags for additional credits. Also prices are where they're at to encourage play time on the server. I agree that some prices may be high but at the end of the day it's just cosmetics, it's not like you have to spend credits to buy guns and shit.

• Like 2
Edited by idealist

• Content Count:  367

I LOVE this idea but here’s the problem, normal people that come onto SG servers as a whole, they are hooked. There have been MANY new people coming and enjoying the servers that are put up. Though I do agree with the full day thing you mentioned because they would only be getting 3,000 credits. It does seem a lot as a whole number but when you think that when a person spent 24 hours on MG but to ONLY get 3,000 credits is kinda a let-Down to me. Maybe up it to 4or maybe 5... Idk what would be the essential amount that people want but I think that it would be somewhere around that. But at the same time players are going to be needing to be playing some for some time (like 4 days) and will receive their credits every minute. I’am not very good in this area if spending credits and earning but hope this helped a little. But this would be a big change so...

To sum it up: upgrade the amount of credits per minute please.

• Like 1

Wear the sg reg and mem tags for additional credits. Also prices are where there at to encourage play time on the server. I agree that some prices may be high but at the end of the day it's just cosmetics, it's not like you have to spend credits to buy guns and shit.

people should be able to enjoy all the cosmetics without having to change their tag, or donate to the server. i do understand the play time, but that is a hell of a play time to get these items. hats are around 6k alone! i just think their isn't enough help for those players for the prices

I LOVE this idea but here’s the problem, normal people that come onto SG servers as a whole, they are hooked. There have been MANY new people coming and enjoying the servers that are put up. Though I do agree with the full day thing you mentioned because they would only be getting 3,000 credits. It does seem a lot as a whole number but when you think that when a person spent 24 hours on MG but to ONLY get 3,000 credits is kinda a let-Down to me. Maybe up it to 4or maybe 5... Idk what would be the essential amount that people want but I think that it would be somewhere around that. But at the same time players are going to be needing to be playing some for some time (like 4 days) and will receive their credits every minute. I’am not very good in this area if spending credits and earning but hope this helped a little. But this would be a big change so...

To sum it up: upgrade the amount of credits per minute please.

exactly. i love the servers so much, and don't mind spending the time playing. but after realizing (for normal players) that you only get 3000 credits for your whole days worth of dedication is a let down for sure.

• Content Count:  2579

Wear the sg reg and mem tags for additional credits. Also prices are where there at to encourage play time on the server. I agree that some prices may be high but at the end of the day it's just cosmetics, it's not like you have to spend credits to buy guns and shit.

people should be able to enjoy all the cosmetics without having to change their tag, or donate to the server. i do understand the play time, but that is a hell of a play time to get these items. hats are around 6k alone! i just think their isn't enough help for those players for the prices

The man said it all, its all cosmetics. It could be argued that it affects gameplay and whatnot, but in practice it's not something we should change. In fact, having decently high prices is an incentive for people to either grind, or purchase credits/sub/vip, all of those helping the community.

"You shouldn't have to wear a tag for credits" is a weak arguments considering you're fighting over the ability to acquire a chicken on your shoulder, which to me is far from being a key to what makes Steam-Gamers enjoyable.

• Like 1

The man said it all, its all cosmetics. It could be argued that it affects gameplay and whatnot, but in practice it's not something we should change. In fact, having decently high prices is an incentive for people to either grind, or purchase credits/sub/vip, all of those helping the community.

"You shouldn't have to wear a tag for credits" is a weak arguments considering you're fighting over the ability to acquire a chicken on your shoulder, which to me is far from being a key to what makes Steam-Gamers enjoyable.

100% that it is just in game cosmetics, and when you say it like "the ability to acquire a chicken on your shoulder" it does sound silly. but once again, i love cosmetics, and to me it's kinda important. i don't wanna be generic, and if they are on the server i want them! sure the tag wearing is a weak argument, but for new players it's seen as one of the only options, and personally i wouldn't want to wear a tag that i don't want too just to earn some credits, but that's the suck it up part i guess

Edited by taran

• Content Count:  5375

100% that it is just in game cosmetics, and when you say it like "the ability to acquire a chicken on your shoulder" it does sound silly. but once again, i love cosmetics, and to me it's kinda important. i don't wanna be generic, and if they are on the server i want them! sure the tag wearing is a weak argument, but for new players it's seen as one of the only options, and personally i wouldn't want to wear a tag that i don't want too just to earn some credits, but that's the suck it up part i guess

And your solution was to purchase VIP. Working as intended IMO.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  361

If you have any sort of activity you'll earn credits rather quickly, even if you're not a subscriber. A regular player can easily save up for a 20k item within a couple of days, even less than that depending on if you grind.

Reply to Thread