? servers

? players online

TTT Credits

• Content Count:  189

This is just a little nitpicky thing that I've noticed since playing TTT for a considerable amount of time now:

As everyone knows, traitors and detectives gain credits based on kills/deaths (to put it broadly) but I find myself sometimes having to do !m multiple times after kills to check to see if I have gained a credit or not.

I suggest implementing something that appears in the normal chatbox or maybe even like a little sound ring that says "One (1) credit earned" or something along the lines of that to make players aware of when they can purchase their next item of choice from !m. As I am one of low intelligence and I am unable to help implement this idea into function, I'm sure someone in this community can.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers, Jim

• Content Count:  590

I definitely support this idea. As a traitor or detective, I'll never know when I have credits and sometimes I'll forget and actually go the entire round without using any credits. It's something very small but I believe could have a large and good impact.

• Content Count:  1583

Detectives are awarded a credit whenever a Traitor dies. Traitors earn one credit for every 3 Innocents or 1 Detective killed. Most players pick up on this and keep track of it fairly quickly. I feel that this suggestion would entail too much work for the small advantage it would afford to fairly new and lazy players. Additionally, it would give Detectives a quick way to track when and how many Ts have died, which I don't find to be conducive with the logic-based meta that our server is after.

We have also teased the idea of replacing the credit system with cash in past discussions. If this were to be implemented, it would be a lot easier for players to keep track of that green, hopefully accomplishing the outcome you're looking for.

• Content Count:  189

Detectives are awarded a credit whenever a Traitor dies. Traitors earn one credit for every 3 Innocents or 1 Detective killed. Most players pick up on this and keep track of it fairly quickly. I feel that this suggestion would entail too much work for the small advantage it would afford to fairly new and lazy players. Additionally, it would give Detectives a quick way to track when and how many Ts have died, which I don't find to be conducive with the logic-based meta that our server is after.

We have also teased the idea of replacing the credit system with cash in past discussions. If this were to be implemented, it would be a lot easier for players to keep track of that green, hopefully accomplishing the outcome you're looking for.

I'd like to hear more about the cash system, and I am fully aware of how the current credit system is set up. I chose to suggest this because it's such a small detail that I believe wouldn't be too hard to integrate in and I see no cons in doing so. Having a small message pop up every time you earn a credit would be helpful in letting new and experienced players remember to use their credits to play TTT to the fullest extent possible.

Also, after high kill volume rounds and not all bodies may be ID'd, detectives may not know when they gain another credit unless they manually check using !m which is one of the main reasons I decided to suggest this idea in the first place.

• Content Count:  11723

I'd like to hear more about the cash system, and I am fully aware of how the current credit system is set up. I chose to suggest this because it's such a small detail that I believe wouldn't be too hard to integrate in and I see no cons in doing so. Having a small message pop up every time you earn a credit would be helpful in letting new and experienced players remember to use their credits to play TTT to the fullest extent possible.

Also, after high kill volume rounds and not all bodies may be ID'd, detectives may not know when they gain another credit unless they manually check using !m which is one of the main reasons I decided to suggest this idea in the first place.

Is it that hard to type !menu or make a bind?

Takes like..a second. Plus it tells you what to type for the menus.

Its not worth investing time into this, Gmod TTT never told you either.

• Content Count:  361

Is it that hard to type !menu or make a bind?

Takes like..a second. Plus it tells you what to type for the menus.

Its not worth investing time into this, Gmod TTT never told you either.

Basically what Metal said, it's not difficult to remember 3 innos or 1 detective both equal a credit, and detectives all get a credit each for every dead traitor. Remembering that credits=kills/3 is pretty easy.

• Content Count:  1671

Just like it has been answered a few times here if you're a T, detectives are worth 1 credit while 3 innocents are worth 1 credits. Detectives earn one credit for killing Ts. Should be easy to remember.

If you want to know, here you go: /menu or /m brings up to buy menu for Traitors and Detectives it shows at the top how many credits you have. A simple bind to bring up the menu is easy to check how much you have *** bind "p" say /m" *** this is what I use.

RGEKBwj.png

When you buy an item, this is presented in chat which tells you how much credits you have left.

haJYJTC.png

Or you can just type /credits. This will tell you how many credits you have left if you're a T or Detective and how many credits you have left in the SG Store.

8a8kK9l.png

Other servers have different credit systems and I have never seen a chat or overlay saying how many credits you have. IMO, with chat being flooded with who's being ID'd and people talking, it's just too much and you'll never pay attention to it.

• Like 4
Edited by Im Sad

Reply to Thread