View Poll Results: Should Abortion Be Legal?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 65.63%
  • No

22 34.38%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Bdcoll
    Senior Administrator
    Congratulations Alabama, your now back down on par with other forward thinking countries like Iraq, Afghanistan and Somalia...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bdcoll For This Useful Post:
    Metal (05-16-2019)

Fonzi
    Senior Administrator
    I Believe that people should be allowed to choose what they want to do with their own body, I am pro choice, I think women should have the choice for an abortion, especially safe abortions, these laws in Alabama wont stop the unsafe abortions and we all know if someone really wants to do it they will find some way to do it.

thump
    SG Regular
    In regards to the Alabama abortion laws, I believe that it goes too far. Barring a woman from getting an abortion when she is raped or there are cases of incest is a bit too much. This law has divided the county and made me change my stance on abortion after reading into it more. I wasn't able to really read into it since I have had a lot of tests and projects due in school. After reading through everything, I believe government should not be able to regulate abortion. These problems only polarize the country more and I don't believe they should be able to control people's bodies, although, my stance on pro life that everyone should get the chance to live has not changed.

nV
    Senior Administrator
    What I've ever been taught while growing up is to believe in pro-life however, I'm not strictly against pro-choice. Tbh I don't care much for people's actions on how they want to handle their babies b/c it doesn't concern or affect me in any way, shape, or form. That being said, I believe that pro-choice cases should be completely situational. For example, if a girl in highschool gets knocked up or raped which leads to a pregnancy, they should have the right to not keep the child. These two scenarios are the only viable 'excuses' imo to aborting a child. On the other hand, if the parents are well off, above the age of 25, and capable of taking care of a child but the mother chooses to abort the child for some unknown reason, just give the kid away. Forgive my mansplaining, but an abortion creates substantial mental damage to the victims involved. It's much easier to send the kid to people who want to adopt.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nV For This Useful Post:
    Cam (Today), Ray (Today)

delirium
    Dazed and Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by nV View Post
    What I've ever been taught while growing up is to believe in pro-life however, I'm not strictly against pro-choice. Tbh I don't care much for people's actions on how they want to handle their babies b/c it doesn't concern or affect me in any way, shape, or form. That being said, I believe that pro-choice cases should be completely situational. For example, if a girl in highschool gets knocked up or raped which leads to a pregnancy, they should have the right to not keep the child. These two scenarios are the only viable 'excuses' imo to aborting a child. On the other hand, if the parents are well off, above the age of 25, and capable of taking care of a child but the mother chooses to abort the child for some unknown reason, just give the kid away. Forgive my mansplaining, but an abortion creates substantial mental damage to the victims involved. It's much easier to send the kid to people who want to adopt.
    highlighted text is what everyone should believe.

Also, much easier for you to say "just adopt" when it wouldn't really be affecting you or your body. There are plenty of scenarios during the course of carrying a child to term that could occur to further derail a woman's life. At the end of the day people are going to believe what they believe on this subject and that's okay, but, just know that the states that are trying to push this shit are already considered shitholes by the majority of americans for many other reasons than just this one.

Just when we thought shit couldn't get more ridiculous here they amp it up and start directly pushing their shitty agendas instead of focusing on issues that matter. We have bigger fish to fry than discussing whether or not a woman can have an abortion. Who cares? if you don't want an abortion don't get one; it's that simple.

Cam
    Senior Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post

Also, much easier for you to say "just adopt" when it wouldn't really be affecting you or your body. There are plenty of scenarios during the course of carrying a child to term that could occur to further derail a woman's life. At the end of the day people are going to believe what they believe on this subject and that's okay, but, just know that the states that are trying to push this shit are already considered shitholes by the majority of americans for many other reasons than just this one.

Just when we thought shit couldn't get more ridiculous here they amp it up and start directly pushing their shitty agendas instead of focusing on issues that matter. We have bigger fish to fry than discussing whether or not a woman can have an abortion. Who cares? if you don't want an abortion don't get one; it's that simple.
    You gotta realize that politicians are going to run for/against the current talks going on in the media. Whether that's abortion, immigration, Russia collusion, whatever it may be, that's what the US citizens are going to look up to their candidates for. If abortion wasn't blown up so much in the media then I guarantee you that none of these laws would have passed. At least not as quickly as they did.

I do not agree with my state's law, I more so agree with Georgia's.

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Just like you have your opinion, everyone else has theirs. Either way it doesn't affect you since you don't live in this "shithole" so why do you care? I actually live here, and most of the people that I've talked to agree with it, other than the none rape exemption. It's very unlikely for a similar law to pass in any other democratic state.

delirium
    Dazed and Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    You gotta realize that politicians are going to run for/against the current talks going on in the media. Whether that's abortion, immigration, Russia collusion, whatever it may be, that's what the US citizens are going to look up to their candidates for. If abortion wasn't blown up so much in the media then I guarantee you that none of these laws would have passed. At least not as quickly as they did.

I do not agree with my state's law, I more so agree with Georgia's.

Just like you have your opinion, everyone else has theirs. Either way it doesn't affect you since you don't live in this "shithole" so why do you care? I actually live here, and most of the people that I've talked to agree with it, other than the none rape exemption. It's very unlikely for a similar law to pass in any other democratic state.
    I don't at the end of the day. Just unfortunate that your state is fucking your own people over. Some major companies have already vowed to relocate/do their business in other states over doing it in Georgia after the law they passed. No sure what drives the economy in Alabama but I sure hope no one's relocating or losing jobs over this. It's not like the federal government hasn't already said that banning abortion outright is unconstitutional... What's next? Are we going to see a push for the return of slavery or child labor?