? servers

? players online

TTT Melee weapons

• Content Count:  461

Not sure if this has been brought up at a meeting before but I've heard some things from Ned.

I think it would be a great idea to use the Danger Zone melee weapons rather than the knife. This helps new players understand that the melee weapon doesn't act like a knife would, and would help a lot with the golden knife confusion. G-Mod had a sorta indirect way of telling you someone had a knife by using a different animation than the Crowbar. This is gone in CSGO since the melee animations are all the same; now if we can use a different weapon that has a different profile than a knife people won't be so hesitant to shoot someone who is charging them with a golden knife.

The Axe sticks out the most I believe, but I think the Crescent Wrench or Hammer would make the most sense as to why the knife only does 25 damage rather than the normal.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1583

I like this idea a lot. Specifically because of the Lore skins (made worse when !ws was added), people are more cautious to spray down potential golden knives which are already pretty difficult to see. Myself and many other players play on lower resolutions and stretched aspect ratios, further increasing the difficulty of positively identifying a golden knife.

What you have to consider is that the longer switch animation, larger model, and longer swing animation drastically nerfs the gold knife. I believe the axe does have a slightly farther reach, but you may want to look into other ways of buffing it.

• Content Count:  1987

@DancingMoonLight @Im Sad @Ned

Could use a response, thank you gentlemen :).

I'll do it...

The way the one hit works now is not the same as it was before. It gives whatever knife model you currently have the 1 hit power. A change like this would require some edits that we are not looking to do atm.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread