nesquik
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Innocents Hiding

I'm tired of wasting time on each map because last innocent is camping in a corner. We need a rule against innocents being pussies and sitting in one place for 2.5 minutes. Not much else needs to be said, it's delaying and it's bullshit that you have to sit there for half a round.

John
    SG Addict
    I disagree with this completely. It isn't the job of the innocents to hunt down the traitor and kill them. Is it annoying to have to wait for the traitor to find the innocent? Yes. Should it be made into a rule to stop that? No.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to John For This Useful Post:
    eXtr3m3 (05-07-2019), fantastic (05-07-2019), fozilla mirefox (05-07-2019), Manny (05-07-2019), Ned (05-07-2019), Rhyzhe (05-07-2019), Snowy (05-07-2019), Soul (05-07-2019)

nesquik
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I disagree with this completely. It isn't the job of the innocents to hunt down the traitor and kill them. Is it annoying to have to wait for the traitor to find the innocent? Yes. Should it be made into a rule to stop that? No.
    What's the point though? I know it's their "objective" but this isn't real life. It's not enjoyable to sit in a corner and wait for the T's to find you, and it's not enjoyable to search for the last innocent. Everyone has to wait for them to die, and they don't gain anything out of it. You should try and increase your karma on TTT right? Sitting in a corner doesn't reward you with anything, it just wastes time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nesquik For This Useful Post:
    Tweedledee (05-07-2019)

fozilla mirefox
    SG Professional
    Gonna have to massively disagree. If you punish innocents for surviving you might as well just change the gamemode entirely. I'll say exactly what I said before:

If the goal of the game is for the Innocents to kill the traitors then if the round runs out of time traitors should win for surviving.

/thread

Clearly the goal of the game is for the Traitors to kill the innocents. The goal of the Gmod gamemode is for the Traitors to kill to WIN. If they don't do that, innocents win. If the goal of the game was for Innocents to SEEK and KILL all the traitors, then why is the Traitor delaying when he is the last one left and isn't shooting everybody? The strategy of "delaying" as the last innocent isn't so that he can find more information to finish killing the traitors, it is so that he can survive: to win.

I really don't understand where the idea that innocents are the ones who control the gamemode came from. Traitors who ineffectively played their strategy to kill all innocents want someone else to be at fault for them not playing smart? People who can't get any enjoyment out of any of the roles besides being a Traitor who runs and kills one or two people at a time, buying a radar last and then being on the chase for the last minute of the round? Regular TTT players ought to know by now that the radar is accurate about 1/10th of the time. The wait isn't that long. You will be playing again very shortly; you don't need to be playing the game the whole time to enjoy the round.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fozilla mirefox For This Useful Post:
    eXtr3m3 (05-07-2019), John (05-07-2019), Ned (05-07-2019), Snowy (05-07-2019), Soul (05-07-2019)

Charliere
    Ya little psycho

We've already discussed this here for a long while, and ultimately decided to the leave rule as is. Innocents aren't the ones who are supposed to be actively searching for the traitors. There's nothing wrong with innos hiding if that's what they need to do to survive.
    We were previously looking into things to help with the delaying, but I'll have to get back to y'all on that.
    I don't see it happen as often as you make it seem, if anything I feel like we more often have issues with Ts dicking around and delaying.
    I'll run it by the team again but I don't think that the rule is going to change.

I'm gonna lock this, there really isn't a need for further discussion since we've been over this pretty thoroughly before. If you have any additional questions feel free to PM one of us.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Charliere For This Useful Post:
    Ned (05-07-2019)