? servers

? players online

Only 1 forum account and SG account

• Content Count:  1009

I think we should make a rule to where you can only have 1 forum account. I know this is already a rule but I feel like this should also go for an SG account.

Yes, it would be harder for admins to go undercover and ban players but it gets to a point where there are people making an account because they just FEEL like it. For example, Mikey had an account that used to be very active on JB, his reasoning was “he was getting bullied because he was a squeaker”. In this scenario that’s one way to handle it but in my opinion it’s not the correct way. If any player is harassing you because of an uncontrollable factor that shows when you play, then it’s player disrespect. (Of course tell them to stop before filing a complaint). File an player complaint then an CA+ can call what needs to be done.

• Content Count:  319

Why would this be implemented? How else am I supposed to cheat on the servers without getting my main account permed? I feel like @Kyle would also like to support my argument

• Like 11

Basically yes. There isn’t another need for multiple accounts. Though it may be convenient for players. There still isn’t a need for it.

Are you trying to argue a point where you should only play on SG servers from one steam account?

What

• Content Count:  1469

How would we enforce it and how could we tell between who is using a second account and who isn’t. It’s just unreasonable to set that standard of only using one account.

• Content Count:  1654

Why should we add this in the first place?

If your only argument is that there is no need for multiple accounts then you don't have a real argument. At least explain the reasoning for it or the beneficial factors of adding such a standard because this seems like both a waste of time and more of a hassle to receive newer players.

• Like 1

I can see how it could be hard to regulate but as the same way you ban alt accounts for banned players. Either using VPN or registered email address. I could possibly see unfazed bans coming into play. This would also make ban appeals more often from well known players and maybe even admins. Now starting to rethink this over much is going to be needed to regulate. It would also just be easier to leave it how it is. Hopefully you see the message I am trying to get across.

How would we enforce it and how could we tell between who is using a second account and who isn’t. It’s just unreasonable to set that standard of only using one account.

• Content Count:  536

I can see how it could be hard to regulate but as the same way you ban alt accounts for banned players. Either using VPN or registered email address. I could possibly see unfazed bans coming into play. This would also make ban appeals more often from well known players and maybe even admins. Now starting to rethink this over much is going to be needed to regulate. It would also just be easier to leave it how it is. Hopefully you see the message I am trying to get across.

I’m not seeing your point at all. If the player isn’t maliciously using their ALT, what’s the problem with having one. This makes no sense and will just make life much harder trying to track down every single player that has an ALT. Personally I have 8 different accounts that don’t currently play on the servers, but have before. As I already stated, there isn’t much of a point to restrict alts unless they are being used to damage players experiences and in that case, you can just ban them. On top of that, people can just make more ALTS. I really don’t see a point in changing this whatsoever and it really has not posed as a problem.

• Content Count:  503

Why would this be implemented? How else am I supposed to cheat on the servers without getting my main account permed? I feel like @Kyle would also like to support my argument

Hey man! I was on my main account when I got banned :( :default:

• Like 4

Reply to Thread