? servers

? players online

Team Imbalance

• Content Count:  416

With the latest addition of gangs, the imbalance between CT's and T's has become ever more apparent. While gangs is a great plugin and provides T's more to work for the top together, many people who play CT switch to T in order to achieve these gang points. On jailbreak now it is common to see 7 moderately new CT's fighting 30 well-experienced T's who often have countless days of playtime due to the popular gangs plugin. In response to this imbalance, I feel like there needs to be a CT ranking system equivalent to gangs. This ranking system would have the same properties as gangs; 10 members, 2 points per killing a T, 1 point lost per death, etc. While the usual response to this idea would be "This just gives CT's an incentive to freekill", I feel like at the current state of JB it wouldn't hurt to atleast test the idea. Abuse and point farming could just go under breaking rules, and freekilling is already against the rules. In my opinion an addition of a CT ranking system would revert the imbalance between the teams.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1583

If this won't be coming out in the near future (next few days), would you mind rolling the gangs update back? I noticed much of the JB team hasn't had much playtime since the update to see the effects of it so I'll give you a quick synopsis. While our server has always been T sided, it's current state is unplayable as all hell. During peak hours, especially on our flagship maps, CTs can hardly get out one or two orders before all the Ts start rebelling. The ratio usually looks something like 6-20 or 8-28. Just yesterday I dropped a 20-2 in two rounds of Razer and the CTs still couldn't win a single round.

Our server does a pretty good job of adjusting to most changes, but I have to say, this one probably isn't worth waiting out until you guys figure out a way to buff CTs without encouraging freekilling. It feels a lot more like DM than JB rn.

• Content Count:  2206

If this won't be coming out in the near future (next few days), would you mind rolling the gangs update back? I noticed much of the JB team hasn't had much playtime since the update to see the effects of it so I'll give you a quick synopsis. While our server has always been T sided, it's current state is unplayable as all hell. During peak hours, especially on our flagship maps, CTs can hardly get out one or two orders before all the Ts start rebelling. The ratio usually looks something like 6-20 or 8-28. Just yesterday I dropped a 20-2 in two rounds of Razer and the CTs still couldn't win a single round.

Our server does a pretty good job of adjusting to most changes, but I have to say, this one probably isn't worth waiting out until you guys figure out a way to buff CTs without encouraging freekilling. It feels a lot more like DM than JB rn.

As an admin you should be keeping the ratio in check. If any admins see the ratio getting out of control you should be switching people to maintain the 2:1 ratio. I'm not sure why as an admin you are not doing this. If you are contributing towards an 8-28 ratio and not rectifying it while in the server and instead just coming to the forums to complain I'm not sure how to help you. We are looking into adding a system for the CTs but ultimately rolling back the gangs plugin is up to @Dominic @Manny and @eXtr3m3

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

As an admin you should be keeping the ratio in check. If any admins see the ratio getting out of control you should be switching people to maintain the 2:1 ratio. I'm not sure why as an admin you are not doing this.

You mean forcing people to play CT? I figured this was something we specifically were not supposed to do.

• Content Count:  503

As an admin you should be keeping the ratio in check. If any admins see the ratio getting out of control you should be switching people to maintain the 2:1 ratio. I'm not sure why as an admin you are not doing this. If you are contributing towards an 8-28 ratio and not rectifying it while in the server and instead just coming to the forums to complain I'm not sure how to help you. We are looking into adding a system for the CTs but ultimately rolling back the gangs plugin is up to @Dominic @Manny and @eXtr3m3

So an admin should force people who aren't comfortable or familiar with all the ct rules to play on that side? I feel like that would cause even more of an issue.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2206

So an admin should force people who aren't comfortable or familiar with all the ct rules to play on that side? I feel like that would cause even more of an issue.

It has always been an admins job to main the ratio if it gets out of control

To clarify that an admin can ask people to switch to CT to maintain balance and if no one volunteers they should be switching people. If you frequent JB you know who is capable of playing CT. I find it hard to believe that out of 28 ts none of them have experience or are intelligent enough to play CT suddenly after the gangs update

Normally yes we don't want to force people to play CT if they don't want to but id the teams are at 7 cts and 28ts I think we can all agree something needs be done to fix the issue. If rolling back gangs turns out to be the answer for now so be it. But if there were 32 people in the server and 30 of them didn't want to play CT and there were only 2 cts can we all agree and say it's time to overrule the comfortability clause and stick to the written down guideline that says to maintain ratio. Before the gang issue we would only need a volunteer for CTs or two but when it's getting to be 4:1 in the ts favor you need to be making sure that things are even. If there's that many people in the server use your discretion and move people you know can handle CT which shouldn't be hard since this only became an issue right after the gangs update.

Edited by Fuze

• Content Count:  503

It has always been an admins job to main the ratio if it gets out of control

To clarify that an admin can ask people to switch to CT to maintain balance and if no one volunteers they should be switching people. If you frequent JB you know who is capable of playing CT. I find it hard to believe that out of 28 ts none of them have experience or are intelligent enough to play CT suddenly after the gangs update

Normally yes we don't want to force people to play CT if they don't want to but id the teams are at 7 cts and 28ts I think we can all agree something needs be done to fix the issue. If rolling back gangs turns out to be the answer for now so be it. But if there were 32 people in the server and 30 of them didn't want to play CT and there were only 2 cts can we all agree and say it's time to overrule the comfortability clause and stick to the written down guideline that says to maintain ratio. Before the gang issue we would only need a volunteer for CTs or two but when it's getting to be 4:1 in the ts favor you need to be making sure that things are even. If there's that many people in the server use your discretion and move people you know can handle CT which shouldn't be hard since this only became an issue right after the gangs update.

Imo an admin should never force a player to switch from t to ct. Not every admin knows who is capable of doing well on the ct side, and there will always be times where the people who could potentially do well aren't on the server. Then it would come down to them either forcing unskilled or newer players onto the ct side which will result in them dragging the ct side down even more or worse, them breaking rules they didn't even know about. Would it then be fair for the admin to punish the players they forced into an unfamiliar situation? No, obviously. The best thing we could do is add some sort of incentive to play on the ct side so we can balance back out the ratio. And if that doesn't work out due to the issues that could arise from kill hungry ct, then maybe it's best to just ditch the whole gangs idea

• Like 6

• Content Count:  11723

Imo an admin should never force a player to switch from t to ct. Not every admin knows who is capable of doing well on the ct side, and there will always be times where the people who could potentially do well aren't on the server. Then it would come down to them either forcing unskilled or newer players onto the ct side which will result in them dragging the ct side down even more or worse, them breaking rules they didn't even know about. Would it then be fair for the admin to punish the players they forced into an unfamiliar situation? No, obviously. The best thing we could do is add some sort of incentive to play on the ct side so we can balance back out the ratio. And if that doesn't work out due to the issues that could arise from kill hungry ct, then maybe it's best to just ditch the whole gangs idea

It's been this way for years, I don't see this changing.

If an admin switches a player to CT and they break rules, they will be punished like any other player.

Even if you have never played CT, you should know the rules of the server.

I understand where you come from but the ratio 2:1 is set for a reason.

I've played when its 3-4 CT's Vs 8 T's or more, It becomes an issue when the T's overpower the Ct's within the first few minutes due to lack of CT's.

The way Fuze explained is the best way of dealing with Ratio.

When I was SA I would ask if anyone would like to go to CT and if no one went I would switch the highest Kill count T to CT.

Rinse and repeat.

I also do not want Gangs to go away, I think its a great idea for T's to work together officially rather than just by using a tag.

As for CT's I'm sure they can think of something that is similar to T's Gangs.

Reply to Thread