? servers

? players online

jailbreak rule?

• Content Count:  11723

Add a rule where If deaf prisoner request order to be typen, CT must type it? Otherwise it violate rule #1 respect player.

If someone is deaf they can request in chat for someone to type it.

We had a member here in SG who was deaf and he was also admin, so we are familiar with these kind of situations.

Now, I don't think it needs to be a rule thats written down, If I was deaf and needed someone to type the orders I would be typing in chat saying I'm deaf what are the orders.

In a lot of cases with Ultramarine once orders were given someone would always type out the orders, since he was a regular and an admin.

Its a hard subject as it does not happen often, at the end of the day the player must keep asking for orders to be typed out unless people know said person and types it out for them.

• Like 1
Edited by Metal

• Content Count:  37

I remember Ultramarine, offline for 3 years in my friendlist. I was in jailbreak today and i requested ct to type out order and i followed order and got killed cuz I didnt freeze but he didnt say that in text, and when I contront him he was generally rude about it.

• Content Count:  1583

I don't feel that we have a need to make our servers handicap accessible. While it would be nice if players typed out orders, it should by no means be necessary. Not only is it tedious, but would put CTs at a severe disadvantage. I often play T with sound muted with no issues whatsoever. Deaf players, or those without sound have two options: follow what other players are doing, or rebel as fast as possible.

• Content Count:  11723

I don't feel that we have a need to make our servers handicap accessible. While it would be nice if players typed out orders, it should by no means be necessary. Not only is it tedious, but would put CTs at a severe disadvantage. I often play T with sound muted with no issues whatsoever. Deaf players, or those without sound have two options: follow what other players are doing, or rebel as fast as possible.

I don't think its about making it handicap accessible, It's just more so that we can only hope players on our servers type out orders on request.

It was never a problem then and should not be a problem now if someone asks "What are orders".

Takes a few seconds for CT's and T's to type that.

If said deaf person is killed trying to figure out orders, I can only hope after explaining they are deaf that players type it out for them.

Ultra had friends here in SG and we knew his situation and we typed it out.

If a deaf player is having issues, As I said they can request someone to type out the orders or if they have friends in the server to type it out for them.

I do not think it puts CT's at a disadvantage or is tedious, its just a matter of if someone can type it out as orders are given either by a CT or T.

• Content Count:  331

I’ve started playing with wireless headphones and sometimes I hop on JB and play while it charges. It’s not hard to play without sound. Does it put you at a disadvantage? Yes. Do you sometimes get warning shot for a reason that is not known to you? Yes. But if you follow the crowd you’ll be fine. Plus, it might be slightly harder to follow orders but you can always just rebel and grind points that way. If you become a reg on the server as a handicapped player (being deaf in this scenario), I’m sure that some people will try to help out and try to make your experience more enjoyable.

• Content Count:  5375

dont own a phone. And if you can say that, I can tell you to use speech to text tool to give order.

Nice logic there bud, it's almost like you're asking the majority to change to accommodate the 0.01%. I'm sorry you're hard of hearing but at the same time it's not like the entire community should bend over backwards to serve you. I hope that you can figure out a way to continue to play/enjoy the servers though!

• Content Count:  2206

Ultra was a friend of mine and I remember him kinda just accepting the fact that he was at a disadvantage. He became well respected so people tried a bit harder to accommodate him but if he got killed for not listening to an order I remember him just kinda accepting that as a fact of his circumstance. While I applaud you and hope you continue to play it's not very realistic to require people to stop and type out an order when you are on. It would be more of a courtesy towards you. Also one huge thing you need to remember is that the climate of JB is no where near what it was when ultra was playing.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread